Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the desert, I especially love the desert under a full moon. I have done four runs through Jousha Tree Nat. Park. First two were with the Savage -- picture taken no flash, just the light of the full moon:

Next two trips were on my Vespa.

Can't ride this time, but I figure in a small convertible should count. I will be at the south entrance about midnight, going north. Would be cool to see another Smart convertible going south.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Left Gardena a bit after midnight, got to the southern entrance of Joshua Tree National Park about 3 am:

Cruised through the park under the full moon, stopped at Live Oak Picnic Area for a cup of tea. Same place I had a cup of tea and a snooze, 2 years ago:

Watched the moon set, headed back to the city....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably not, car license plate not U.S., let alone California.
They did a "ha ha" with the Smart off-highway, including a few that would kill most cars with most drivers.
However, the Smart is a lightweight car and will do just fine off-highway with a good driver.

In the early '70's I took my totally stock Pinto on jeep roads in the area that will become the Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area.
Early '90's in Great Basin National Park I went over some "high clearance" road, even splashed a small creek (not like that 2 feet in the ad) -- in a totally stock '78 Ford LTD.
I had a camper in the early '80's that I off-highway. That one got stuck. Like the Smart it couldn't go up a hill and a gentleman with a PowerWagon towed me up. But that was a 3500 pound Fiat 238 camper/van with 43 bhp if it was lucky.

I do love the city parking in the ad -- I have done that curb crawling for decades.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,053 Posts
Paladin it looks like a really fun thing to do ! I really love the picture of your Fortwo in the desert with the moon right above it. That picture is a keeper ! Thanks for posting. DCO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People that don't drive the Smart think is cannot.
People that do drive the Smart know that it is more capable.

Hey! I think the Fortwo is huge. I got the car 'cause I dropped my Vespa twice in two months. Second was torn shoulder ligaments and four broken ribs -- "Third is the Charm."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts