Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
At the Deadwood smart Car Rally, there was a smart that had wheel covers made from pizza pans. I think he retained the pans to the rims with screws.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah I had them on for a while a few years ago. Problem is sand and pebbles get trapped in there after a while, making the drive quite noisy, so I took them off.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I'm the one with the pizza pans. They are held on with zip ties, 1 on each spoke and the head of another zip tie zipped on and the excess cut off after putting matching holes in the pizza pans. I've had them on for thousands of miles and had very few problems. Chumly

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm the one with the pizza pans. They are held on with zip ties, 1 on each spoke and the head of another zip tie zipped on and the excess cut off after putting matching holes in the pizza pans. I've had them on for thousands of miles and had very few problems. Chumly
What's the point? Mpg? If so any gain? Also pics pls

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm guessing this is for improving gas mileage. If so, I'd love to hear what your results have been.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts