Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have fuses listed with their function?
I have an awful lot of fuses for a car with so few options.

Want to maybe pull or toggle battery/water heater when range is low

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Suggestion on fuse designations: RTFM!

And I really don't think that disabling the heater if it exists and it can be done without disabling other components, is a good idea. According to some sources, the heater is only used for the ED's with the 22kw charger - i.e. only in Europe. I do know that my diagnostics still shows "0 hours" for my battery pack heater after 4 years of use in temperatures down to -15F. And, as I previously explained, the battery heater is not going to drain the pack much over the course of an average trip.

A better investment would be to use range-optimizing driving techniques and consider alternate routes - in particular, avoid high speed expressways.

·
Registered
101 Posts

And I really don't think that disabling the heater if it exists and it can be done without disabling other components, is a good idea. According to some sources, the heater is only used for the ED's with the 22kw charger - i.e. only in Europe. I do know that my diagnostics still shows "0 hours" for my battery pack heater after 4 years of use in temperatures down to -15F. And, as I previously explained, the battery heater is not going to drain the pack much over the course of an average trip.

A better investment would be to use range-optimizing driving techniques and consider alternate routes - in particular, avoid high speed expressways.
Proof the USA got the heaters on the electric cars liquid cooling loop

In-line Fluid Heater from Electric Smart Car, EV West - Electric Vehicle Parts, Components, EVSE Charging Stations, Electric Car Conversion Kits

·
Registered
101 Posts

I have a regular route that consumes as low as 4KW, I used almost 6kw today due to cold temps and I suspect batt water heater. Need to leave car plugged in so water stays warm, I think wattage of warmer is not so high so it cannot catch up once things are very cold.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
To check if there is a battery heater, simple check if the cooling loop is warmer or colder than the battery cells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts