Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
29,525 Posts
Speculation....

This is pretty good evidence that the 453 ED will be the final electric smart version available to the public. The Mercedes EQ will go on sale around 2020 with more range and more seats, plus the associated CAFE credits. Whether the gas powered 453 gets a replacement is TBD. :)

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Just watched that vehicle, and other new concept EV’s. Tokyo auto-show. On You Tube. All these new EV’s give messages. Front and back bumper facia. Honda new city EV and sport car will be out next year in Europe. Much nicer vehicle then the smart concept. The seating in the smart EV, looks hard as a rock

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah I had been thinking of the other one that came out before the 453, and that looked something like the 2017 IAA car. Both are far better representations of what a smart should look like, but no such luck.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Test ride in the smart EQ concept:

https://www.theverge.com/transporta...enz-smart-vision-eq-concept-car-ride-ces-2018

Order early to beat the 2030 launch-date rush!
Thank you for that. It was my next car.

Except when one of the guys said, “nothing is working in this car.” I think I heard a release day of 2030, while realistic, I don’t believe DOT would give it’s ok to that right now.

I realized what he meant about the screeds, etc. I don’t think this was a good time to launch it where you go to Vegas and lose everything you own.

Nice video’s though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts