Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2003 450 Pulse that was converted by G&K for zap. I was wondering why the peanut style headlights were changed to projector style headlights thus eliminating the fog lights? I was thinking of locating a pair of o.e.m. peanut lights with the fog lights and put them back into my pulse like it came from the factory. Sometimes people (flash) me thinking I have my high beams on (which i dont) ...there is no way of adjusting the G&K heAdlights on pulse ...there is a switch under the steering column with 3 settings of headlight height but i think it is for the o.e.m. peanut lights and is inoperative. Does anybody have a pair for sale or a direction where to buy them?

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
AFAIK, the swich was disabled and only works with the Euro lights, which weren't DOT approved (apparently) and had to be swapped out. I'm not sure how to adjust them (never had to do it).

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Adjusting the Zapp quad lights (probably made by Morette) isn't the same as the OEM.
If they have any adjustment at all there will either be a single or a pair of adjusters on the rear, probably a small hex with a slot. Failing that you may have to remove the front cover and adjust from the front.

Either way you'll have to take the front panel set off the car.

If you do it, take pictures for me.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Hello I have a 2003 450 Pulse that was converted by G&K for zap. I was wondering why the peanut style headlights were changed to projector style headlights thus eliminating the fog lights? I was thinking of locating a pair of o.e.m. peanut lights with the fog lights and put them back into my pulse like it came from the factory. Sometimes people (flash) me thinking I have my high beams on (which i dont) ...there is no way of adjusting the G&K heAdlights on pulse ...there is a switch under the steering column with 3 settings of headlight height but i think it is for the o.e.m. peanut lights and is inoperative. Does anybody have a pair for sale or a direction where to buy them?

You can contact G&K Automotive Conversion

IIRC the guy you want to talk to is Eddie :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
chieftmc is correct, ask for Edward at G&K. Be prepared for a delay. He is busy.

The G&K headlights may have the type of adjustment on the back of the light assembly that Evilution mentioned. However, I do know from 24-42 modding his headlights so the fronts of the assemblies are removable, the adjusters he could see were behind the front of the light assembly.

24-42 might you be able to take pictures of your mod for Evilution? :p

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
If you have no reply by tomorrow, PM me. I have a set of G&K's and I "think" there is an adjuster on the back but it has been over a year since I have looked at them. I'll have to dig them out of storage.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The Zap quad headlights are projectors are they not? Does this kind of headlight throw more concentrated, brighter light or shoot the beam further down the roadway? Is there any real benefit of them versus the peanut lights?

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
chieftmc is correct, ask for Edward at G&K. Be prepared for a delay. He is busy.

The G&K headlights may have the type of adjustment on the back of the light assembly that Evilution mentioned. However, I do know from 24-42 modding his headlights so the fronts of the assemblies are removable, the adjusters he could see were behind the front of the light assembly.

24-42 might you be able to take pictures of your mod for Evilution? :p
I have R&R' the G&K headlights. Replaced a(broken glass) high beam and had to aim it (my high beams needed aiming when when I got the car).
anyone who needs help regarding replacement or aiming may call me.
If there is no answer, leave a number and a time window.

I'll tell you how to make the headlight frames removable (by hand) so you can aim the headlights without removing the front panel.

BTW: headlights are adjustable from the front with a 10mm socket

Donald LaFavor Pacific time (818) 353-6549

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
The Zap quad headlights are projectors are they not? Does this kind of headlight throw more concentrated, brighter light or shoot the beam further down the roadway? Is there any real benefit of them versus the peanut lights?
good question! I don't think it's a light output problem, just a DOT problem. Theoretically you could swap them back out to the Euro models, but it would be technically illegal, if you care. I wonder if G&K have any of the lights they took out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
G&K headlights

Are there any G&K headlights still available in the US?
I would like to install them in my car (The Netherlands) but cannot find them anywhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts