Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
There were several things. Had they modified your car the speedo would be reading mph, there would be some reinforcements added to the doors, some warning stickers and also some mods to the engine emission's system. The lights also got swapped out for some DOT-approved units and the headlight adjust was disabled. I think that is most of it. I your cr is a diesel it for sure never happened. If none of the other stuff was done it also didn't happen.

·
Registered
495 Posts
and you have to figure in 15% or more for attrictian, wrecked, abandoned, parted out, junked...destroyed...
there is probably another 10% that are just sitting around stuffed away someplace. in a lonely garage.... I wish i could find one of these...for my collection.
steveg 450 Cabrio, S. Mann

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a G&K 2002 Smart ForTwo Passion from a guy in Seattle last Fall, the last 6 digits is 080329.

This is my first post, looking forward to learning more about my car here. :D

·
17,451 Posts
Hello All,
Since i am very new to smart, and have a 2009 451, I’d like to find out about G&K. Are they a company that homologated the cars for north America? Do they still exist?
Please let me know.
Thanks!
They converted the first generation cars for United States EPA and NHTSA compliance. Per the EPA, 450s 2000 to 2007 are eligible for importation after they have had compliance equipment installed. G&K was the biggest in the biz, converting some 1,000 W450s. G&K is still around today, but they don't seem to do smarts anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m actually thinking about selling it....59k miles, mint condition, black and silver. New window regs, oil just changed, ac recharged, new tires, new front brakes. Just curious where I should price it and if anyone on here would be interested? Thx!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts