Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if this has been mentioned before and I just don't seem to find what I want with searching but...

I am about to pick up my cabrio. I was in the dealership doing some of the paperwork and giving my smartie a check over. I noticed about a 1/8 gap between the cabrio top and the top of the tailgate. There is a rubber seal that looks like it should run all the way across but about halfway over it lifts a bit reveiling the gap. This would be a bit of a problem it it rained or even going through a car wash.

Do any cabie owners know about this. If this is not as it should be I want it noted before I finally pick up my smartie.

Lady G
today! today! huzzah! :D:D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I do not know if this has been mentioned before and I just don't seem to find what I want with searching but...

I am about to pick up my cabrio. I was in the dealership doing some of the paperwork and giving my smartie a check over. I noticed about a 1/8 gap between the cabrio top and the top of the tailgate. There is a rubber seal that looks like it should run all the way across but about halfway over it lifts a bit reveiling the gap. This would be a bit of a problem it it rained or even going through a car wash.

Do any cabie owners know about this. If this is not as it should be I want it noted before I finally pick up my smartie.

Lady G
today! today! huzzah! :D:D
There are two latches at the bottom corners of the cabrio top where the cabrio top meets the tailgate. Those latches must be secured before the tailgate is closed. It's possible that one or both latches have not been secured, so you should lower the tailgate, unlatch the latches, lift up the top, then lower the top with moderate force until you hear them click and you can no longer lift up the top without unlatching the latches. When you put the tailgate in place, the top and tailgate should line up without any significant gaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts