Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the gas filler flap lock adjustable? In or out? Mine seems like it is "in" too far and will not engage the latch pin. Thought I would ask here before I started taking things apart.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is the gas filler flap lock adjustable? In or out? Mine seems like it is "in" too far and will not engage the latch pin. Thought I would ask here before I started taking things apart.
I fixed it. Just so you know, the lock motor is held in with 3 plastic clips and a plastic locating pin. Mine was not on the locating pin, but behind it. I have no idea how it got into this position. I aligned the motor and the locating pin, snapped it back in and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Which would be great... if I had one. :oops:

Operating under the theory that if someone tells you a fence is electrified: you just HAVE to touch it...
I tried locking my Smart, and opening the fuel flap...
It was locked-up tight! (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which would be great... if I had one. :oops:

Operating under the theory that if someone tells you a fence is electrified: you just HAVE to touch it...
I tried locking my Smart, and opening the fuel flap...
It was locked-up tight! (y)
I have had my Blue Smart from new in 2008. I read the manual and understood how it worked but I never tested it until I got my Yellow 2008 Smart. With 115,000 miles I was checking everything and found the flap did not lock. I walked over the the Blue one and tested it for the first time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've been looking for the book that should have been with my car... (I'm funny that way...) I didn't realize that asking questions could ever be a problem in an open forum... :cry:
I'll try to limit my questions from this point forward

·
Registered
333 Posts
all right Bob... now you have done it! you just violated rule number 14782.33, sub para "B", item 76.
which states in laymans terms.... never admit being a newbe!

Merry Christmas everybody, and Happy New Year SMARTIES!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts