Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a panda smart and purchased an $80 custom white gas door to match the vehicle body. I fueled Wednesday night so I know it was still there that night. When we went to wash it Friday morning the door was gone. The car didn't leave the city of Carson, Ca so we know it happened close by. =/ And yes, the vehicle was locked.

We still had the original black plastic one (I had intended to use at SM as credit) so I still have a fuel door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i pulled my fuel door cover off (didn't realize the fuel door locks and tried to force it open). glued it back on; so far so good. i believe an OEM black cover is $32 at the dealer

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow, I never new the 'fuel filler flap' locked! I had to check with my Spanish friend Emanuel- sure enough it does. 16 months and still learning new stuff about the car.

i pulled my fuel door cover off (didn't realize the fuel door locks and tried to force it open). glued it back on; so far so good. i believe an OEM black cover is $32 at the dealer

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Wow, I never new the 'fuel filler flap' locked! I had to check with my Spanish friend Emanuel- sure enough it does. 16 months and still learning new stuff about the car.
why don't you just sit down some time and read the whole manual????:confused::confused::confused:

in fact, why don't you DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

You'll see you are not suppose to put anything on the roof too.

there will be test tomorrow. You are not allowed to drive your smart until you pass with an 80 or better.

geeeez:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Clown?

ive heard and seen 1 that fell off. according to the owner. i remember he said he put it back on once and then found it missing again after a drive.

this was also a white car but about 2 years ago, it belonged to a clown / magician. serious. i remember it was at a vendors lunch and i suggested to try smartmadness.
A single Clown in a Smart Car.
Surly you jest?

I thought Smart Cars only held 17 Clowns.:rofl:

·
Registered
474 Posts
why don't you just sit down some time and read the whole manual????:confused::confused::confused:

in fact, why don't you DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

You'll see you are not suppose to put anything on the roof too.

there will be test tomorrow. You are not allowed to drive your smart until you pass with an 80 or better.

geeeez:eek:
. When in doubt RTFM, I say. What I'm learning isn't written anwhere- i gota listen to what u say instead. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
now i don't feel so bad . . . 13 months for me. never lock the car in WV when filling up with gas; 1st time driving it in Miami and I lock the doors while at the gas station, can't get the fuel door open, force it, then feel pretty stupid.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Talking about Locking...!!! On page 84 of the manual talking about "Auto Relocking"... I turned this feature OFF because half the time I would go to open the car up, and find it RELOCKED for me...<:-(( What a pain... I'll lock the car myself "Thank-You-Vary-Much"...!!!...<:))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts