Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. i am new to this forum and I have a problem with my Smart fortwo Pure 2012.

The problem is that the car does not start. It cranks but wont start. The other day i tried it and it worked correctly for two days then refuses to start since.

What do you guys think it could be. I suspect the gas pump relay but I just cant locate it on the car.

Can anyone help me ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Inside the fuel tank............

The fuel pump is inside the fuel tank. So I assume the relay is also. I had a fuel pump replaced while under warranty. The
invoice was $1,100....................

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Several reasons for a no start; first recommendation is to check for any OBD codes that may help trouble shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no spark

I'm new to this forum as you are. However, I had that issue also. Try switching your #1 cylinder`s coil pack with any of the others. If she starts, then the original #1 cylinder`s coil is bad. If I'm not mistaken, the #1 cylinder is the reference cylinder. No spark there no spark no where. Excuse the poetic(ness).:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some unknown reasons it as been starting ok since the last 3 days last time it started for a couple of days in a row then didn’t start for a week now it starts again. Just like if the gas pump was intermitent.

I no longer know what to think about it !

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2008 smart turns over starts immed. Runs for about 25 to 30 seconds then stalls every time . The car will not start again unless I wait a few ( approx 4) hours then it will start and run about her 30 seconds. Ps I changed the cos already. Any idears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts