Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wawas is opening a station right near my house and i noticed on the electric sign it advertises regular gas,diesel, and ethanol gas. no mention of high test. is this something new? oh, and by the ethanol there is an oval sign saying boat fuel. seems like thats all the choices

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Check the octane rating on the regular gas. if it is 91 (I think) or above , it will be the same as high test. Some stations are going to ethanol instead of premium or high test since there are cars that can run ethanol or E-85 fuel.

When I used any fuel with ethanol in my smart, my power and mileage dropped.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
Some Wawa outlets offer "ethanol-free" gas at certain pumps, primarily for boaters. Those pumps have blue paint features. All Wawa stations around Orlando and the Tampa Bay area that I've seen have premium.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
some stations sell gas without ethanol for off road vehicles and the price is a bit lower because they don't charge some of the road taxes. They also put a red dye in it so they can tell if you put it in your car.

Quick Trip has their premium gas without ethanol and it has worked well for me in both my premium burning cars. Yes, a Land Rover needs premium fuel too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts