Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...has anyone else noticed that it seems that all of the pictures taken of the Smart car are always taken on the oposite side of where the fuel tank filler door is located? What I don't understand, and I had asked about it at the "road show", why is the door BLACK in color and not colored-matched to the exterior color of the car? Even the Mercedes-Benz dealer (owner) thought it was odd? Depending on your exterior color (even black does not match it), it really sticks out and I think I will probably have mine painted to match the exterior color that I am ordering. Anyone with any comments?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a good question. I would think it would match the tridion color at least if not the body color.

By the way, I think it's kind of funny that the smart comes with a locking gas cap. Not sure there are gas thieves dumb enough to go after a smart car rather than an SUV. But, maybe there are...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw the picture on another posting on this forum of the other side of the car. Actually, the picture was of a red car with silver tridion cell- my colors. Yes, the door is black, but I don't think it looked awkward or bad. I think I'll leave it alone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No doubt one of the first after-market bits available will be a sexy space-age looking gas cap/door. Modders, where are you! :confused:

tm

·
Registered
671 Posts
Actually, I believe that the gas filler lid is black so as you can change your panel colors and not have to worry about changing the gas cover lid since it is always black.

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
I personaly lke the fact its black. It looks aggressive to me and even the Brabus SMART has a black gas cover. Its unique just how the SMART is made to be.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a grandson who is into plastic manufacturing in his college course work. after I get my car, I'll let him see what he can do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts