Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , I’ve just got a smart 451 and gear change was working but a bit sluggish so I came across a post on here and stripped and cleaned the actuator I then decided at the same time to strip and clean the gear motors and change the gearbox oil , when I got it all back together and turned ignition on there was a lot of noise etc while it was checking the gears , then when it finished the car would not start , I tried the learn mode with ignition on , it goes into reverse, neutral, 1 and 2 and back but will not go into 3 4 or 5 , the car will start after this but not move, it won’t go into any gear when running, once I turn it off I have to repeat the process to get it to start again but it’s always the same :(
Gutted
Any ideas please

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have also read that there is marks on the cogs on the shift motor to align up when refitting but other posts say there is nothing to align up so i am a bit confused , i dont really want to take it all back to bits if there is no marks to align

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i noticed on this picture of the gear motor you can see a triangle mark, so would the gears in the tranny have the same mark to line up with these ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have any ideas about this ? I must of had that motor off over 100 times today changing cog positions and trying again but still the same , won’t go into any gear when engine is running and in teach it’s r,n,1,2 that’s it :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes both motors are moving when tested out the gearbox , engine light was on but it’s off now I think it was because of having it running with no air pipes on , I don’t have diagnostic software :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.