Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Genesis gave us is the Mint concept car, a two-seat electric city coupe. It's not what we were expecting, but it is pretty nifty.

The car wears its electric powertrain on its sleeve with no visible grille up front. But the pentagonal grille design introduced on the Essentia and refreshed G90 is visible in the creases and lower lighting. The whole car is very organic, and the cockpit is jet fighter-esque with its large rounded windows. Interestingly, the greenhouse stops well short of the rear.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/16/genesis-mint-luxury-electric-city-coupe/#slide-7562201

:)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I was kinda into it until i scrolled down to the last pic. I mean...... why? I see no reason, convenience-related or otherwise, of having "doors" open there. I mean what.... are you putting groceries back there? Seems kind of awkward to then have to reach over the TIRE to have to get to that space.... which with how wide those haunches seem in the first picture, couldn't be very enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
28,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are not doors as such - simply hatches that allow access to the small cargo area behind the seats. This is only a concept, after all......:wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm all over this vehicle. I almost bought a Genesis 2 years ago when I bought my "other" car, the Infiniti M37X. Been keeping my eye on the Genesis line...

·
Registered
4 Posts
One thing that won't fly (no pun intended) are those winged doors. No how no way are the safety wussies in this country ever going to allow that to be sold.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are really nice for what they are, but their sales and support are crap. About three years ago when we picked one up, was told of exclusive dealer network to handle everything, etc., but none of that has materialized, at least in my area. On the last service, wanted to drive the newer turbo model, but the one in inventory was sold to the finance manager or something and they couldn't be bothered to take it off the website. Said it was some glitch, but are probably trying to get people in the showroom with it. There weren't many on site either, maybe 4 G70, 3 G80, and 2 G90. I would consider another one, but they really need to work on everything. No wonder you don't see many around.

I'm all over this vehicle. I almost bought a Genesis 2 years ago when I bought my "other" car, the Infiniti M37X. Been keeping my eye on the Genesis line...

·
Premium Member
178 Posts

I think it looks neat. I do agree that the back doors are odd looking. Why not just a regular hatch for access for the back?

I think it would make for a cooler Smart Fortwo. I think many would find it way more appealing than the current Fortwo; IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts