Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thanks, Mods! We have our own Georgia chapter subforum (or whateveryacallit) now.

So to get things started......

We are Doug (silver cabrio), Mel (yellow cabrio) and KT (white passion), and you'll generally see us around the quadrant from Mableton, eastward to GSU & Coke, and down south as far as East Point.

We all love our little cars!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'm alicia. i'm a black/silver passion and am in midtown/sandy springs/alpharetta (and occasionally marietta and conyers.

i honk and wave at other smarts. i know it's obnoxious, but i still get so excited at seeing them!

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Hey guys!!!!!
My name is Marlon Soley and I own a Silver Cabrio w/leather.

Glad to see you guys on the boards. I will be at the Varsity meet today as close to 8:30pm-9pm as possible so hopefully I will see you guys then who are comming out to the 1st Smart meet in Ga.

Well now we have our own section we can really get things moving and keep everyone locally in the loop of things. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Howdy y'all, Johnny, up in Hiawassee. I am at day 380 and I don't have a smart yet, but the random date generator's latest guess is 6/22/08-9/22/08. My smart will be triple black with a s-mann body kit, lowering springs, DTH muffler and tinted windows. I'm looking for some static cling 8 balls for the doors.:D

update! I think the boat docked! The DDE moved today it's 6/23/08 on day 419 !

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm live in Kirkwood (intown, north of I-20 and south of little 5 points) and have a blue/silver cabrio. I have seen quite a few around my area, so I'm sure there are more of us around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm near Alex... seen that blue/silver cabrio a few times... only once while in my smart.
There is also a blue/silver passion that seems to live in the area. I have followed it out of the Edgewood shopping center before and have seen it twice in kirkwood. I've also seen a white/silver cabrio in Edgewood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've notice a few smarties around town.

Dunwoody here! (Red & Silver)

Drive: Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Midtown, Chamblee, Doraville, Roswell, and Downtown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Statesboro, GA - Red Passion w/ Silver Tridion trim, Black Leather interior, all the options except for the clock thing haha.

Im moving to midtown next year for grad school at GT. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Buckhead Neighbor

I'm a Smartie to be - reservation #1608 - ETA of 2918 A.D./C.E.
It'll be white/silver/beige if those colors are still offered then, and if our eyes can still see that part of the spectrum. Hopefully it'll be a Micro Hybrid Drive , or maybe electric, or perpetual motion.

We're within walking distance of the Buckhead dealership (yet I've only been there twice), which is why we aren't on the orphan list, as we can pretty much walk everywhere - so what's the rush?

I'm hoping the local dealership will get more involved with all of us owners/wannabes, like the Michigan gang (Bloomfield Hills), who has tech days and such for their disciples.

And while I'm thinking about it (Buckhead SMARTCar), what about about SWAG? I see trinkets with prices on the back wall, but where's the cash register? Is there a separate area for SWAG purchases? Or is it more of a museum/reliquary?

We did a test drive last week, and I swear I felt like were getting on a ride at Six Flags as far as dealer interaction went (after marveling over the $35,000 SMART in the showroom for 15 minutes):

"It's in 'Drive' right now, but shift the lever over and you'll be in manual, watch out for the curb when backing out, and follow the driving directions on the card, and we'll see you in 10-15 minutes".

That was just about the entirety of our interaction with the dealer. When we got back, we tracked down the sales associate (no name was volunteered) and returned the key. No "How was the drive?", no "Do you have any questions?" They were too busy finding the next person to get on the ride.

Heck, at that point we would have bought floor mats and custom wheels for our white/silver/beige #1608, along with a coffee table book on the History of the Swatch Empire, VW, and Mercedes, A DDE countdown clock, and SMART logo'd valve stem caps (along with a SMART Tote Bag to haul it all away in). We were ripe for the pickin' right then.

And who was that guy locked in the glass box the whole time we were there? He never looked up, and he was alone. Was he being punished?

Just wondering.

Jeff in Atlanta

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm Dru, up in Milton (between Cumming, Woodstock and Alpharetta). Red & Black Cabrio w/ red interior. IF you see it on the road, it might be my wife driving it since my primary vehicle remains my Piaggio BV500 scooter, the Smart is for when the scooter isn't appropriate :).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dru, lovely pic. Blue Ridge Parkway?

Jeff, glass house guy was probably Eric. He's the one we signed the papers with, I think he's the dealership manager or sales manager or something. Pleasant enough fellow.

No, the true punishment zone is for those poor gals at the desk who answer the phones. Stop and listen to the conversations sometime. I heard one of the girls being cursed out so loudly, I could hear the caller through the phone and acrost the room. The woman was upset she couldn't buy a Smart right then. I imagine they get a lot of that.

Agree, more swag would be neat. I guess there's just not that much out there yet. I would have loved more information on how to put the zebra stripes (the demo on the floor was killer) and such.

And, I am blushing to admit this, but after doing that Varsity thing the other night, I am dying to get some of those neon lights that go underneath. My husband is trying to dissuade me. Or those flashing rainbow strobes like the tricked out motorcycles had...

So, maybe a Trailerpark Wall of Extras for buyers like me would be really cool.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, the true punishment zone is for those poor gals at the desk who answer the phones.
Springlerling, that's a good point, it must be miserable dealing with all of the instant gratification junkies around here. I don't envy them at all, I guess that's why Eric was locked away - for his own safety. And they probably get tired of the same inane questions day after day (which is why I rarely stop by).

As for Swag, maybe I'll design the aforementioned DDE Countdown Clock, along with a Nicolas Hayek shrine, and a Johann Tomforde sketch pad complete with colored pencils - that should fill out the shelves a little.

Neon & strobes? Isn't your Smart getting enough attention as it is? :)

Jeff in Atlanta

·
Registered
10 Posts
Augusta Georgia Checking in

Hello Georgia SMART enthusiasts! I am hailing from Augusta Georgia. I have yet to hear from or seen any other SMARTS fom around here. I make trips to Atlanta and hope to see ya'll around. I will be in town Friday visiting friends. I am enjoying all of the attention my Black/Silver Passion is getting. I had a lady pull up beside me doing 40 mph down the road and started a conversation, or should I say we played 20 questions as we continued down the road!:) If you know of anyone else in Augusta let me know. I want to get a cruise together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm Jason and I live in Smyrna. I've got a blue/silver passion that I drive down 75 to work (downtown) every day, and I may be the one the Alex has seen in the Kirkwood area. I have a friend there that just bought a house with his girlfriend and I've been down there on the weekends helping them with a few projects.

I saw another blue/silver coupe coming back from there last night on I-20, and a few days earlier I saw someone in a (surprisingly) sharp looking yellow/silver cab...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts