Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forum member sent me this info which I found very interesting. As I mentioned in my thread about replacing the 12v battery (see sticky above), the OE battery is generally the most convenient battery to use as a replacement even though it may cost a buck or two extra. BTW - cost for the battery is $138. MSRP is $182.

Len

I bought the battery directly from Mercedes Benz’s own corporate parts website: Genuine OEM Mercedes-Benz Parts | Mercedes-Benz USA Parts

Funnily enough, it was the cheapest price I could find anywhere. The catch is that they won’t ship it because it’s a hazardous material (they do ship other parts though), so you have to arrange to pick it up at a dealership nearest you. I’m not sure all dealerships participate in the corporate parts website program, but you can see which ones do by entering your zip in the preferred dealers section.

At the very least, next time you need a battery, you can ask the dealership you bought from last time to match the corporate parts website price. I’m pretty sure they will oblige.

Here’s the link to the battery:

451-982-00-08 - Starter Battery Mercedes-Benz USA Parts

·
Super Moderator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeb - $102 for an OE battery from the dealer? If so, where? If not, what battery did you use and was the size identical to the OE one?

Len

·
Super Moderator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clarifying Jeb. I should have stated in my initial post that I was talking about the battery for the 2013 - 2016 electrics. The $137.99 price is the base price. Depending on where you pick it up, there maybe be sales tax and possibly a small shipping charge of under $5. Seems like all dealerships don't participate in that corporate website for some reason.

Len

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.