Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get IN & OUT of Traffic Car
I notice that this little ED car almost handles like a motorcycle. :)

When I’m in a rush I maintain as low as 17% on my econo rate but I get really good aggressive driving mode that one or two gas cars will have to spend half of their tank to raise hard their nasty gasoline engines to keep up with me in the streets; and to be honest they attempt only for 3 or 5 stop lights after that they give up.:D

After like 4 months of driving my ED, when I drive other cars, I feel like I'm driving a big Canoo or Fred Flintston driving his car:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get IN & OUT of Traffic Car
I notice that this little ED car almost handles like a motorcycle. :)

After like 4 months of driving my ED, when I drive other cars, I feel like I'm driving a big Canoo or Fred Flintston driving his car:D
My Avalanche is that big canoe. I've only driven big trucks for the last 6 years. I got so used to slow accel and long braking, that I almost did not comprehend the ED at first. But I've gotten myself into and out of some sticky situations because of the torque.

The only vehicle to ever continue to attempt to keep up with me was a SL 65 AMG. And of course, once we got to a long stretch he blew passed me. But you don't pay that much for a car and not stick it to someone else who's street racing with you.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So far I've found other cars very polite and let me merge in without issue, even better than when I was driving my Ford Taurus.

The ease of parking is ridiculous! At work, there are some spots close to the door where snow has been plowed in to, and my car is one of the few that can fit in the 8 feet of remaining space...although an SUV climbed the hill and parked on top of the mound a few days ago, but didn't again the next day, 'cause I got there first.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
...although an SUV climbed the hill and parked on top of the mound a few days ago, but didn't again the next day, 'cause I got there first.
You should see what happens when the snow melts under the SUV and the guy gets the salt and grime in his engine bay. I saw it happen in MN once. :eek: I stayed away from him! :bangwall:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts