Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recentry bought smart fortwo ED 2013. Imported it from USA to Ukraine(Europe).

Tried to login to http://vh.smart.com but I need VVC (vehicle verification code). Local mercedes dealer said Ukraine is not among supported countries - cannon give me VVC

What are my options?
Can I somehow reprogram it to different server?
Get VVC code somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Unfortunately the selling dealer is the only dealer authorized to provide you with a VVC code. You may want to try some aftermarket EV apps. They're out there. I have never tried them, but I do know of a person who demonstrated one of those apps working with his smart EV...

If I remembered the name of it I would link you. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the app. I recommend you search for it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Can the OP get the required VVC from the original smart/MB dealer that first sold the car?

Might try a VPN service on your device to 'spoof' a different country to allow log in with the code.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
The VVC code is supposed to be for the original owner of the car for a period of 36 months. Beyond that the VVC access is not longer available without being charged for it. At least, that's supposed to be the case. I don't even know what or how much those charges are, quite frankly I don't even believe anything is set up for that.

But based on the terms and conditions of the VVC access, I wouldn't want to risk losing my credentials bending the rules of the VVC system...

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,782 Posts
The VVC code is supposed to be for the original owner of the car for a period of 36 months. Beyond that the VVC access is not longer available without being charged for it. At least, that's supposed to be the case. I don't even know what or how much those charges are, quite frankly I don't even believe anything is set up for that.
Understanding that Peter has a unique problem with a reverse (US-EUROPE) gray market ED disconnect, the VVC first owner 3 years and done, seems like yet another short sided decision on the part of Daimler?

Why wouldn't they provide on-going support to those in the US who buy an off-lease ED (sled) and must continue with BAP?

Without a VVC for your ED you are off the grid with NO aftermarket options?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Understanding that Peter has a unique problem with a reverse (US-EUROPE) gray market ED disconnect, the VVC first owner 3 years and done, seems like yet another short sided decision on the part of Daimler?

Why wouldn't they provide on-going support to those in the US who buy an off-lease ED (sled) and must continue with BAP?

Without a VVC for your ED you are off the grid with NO aftermarket options?
Each smart EV has an telecommunications system that is connected with Verizon. My guess is that it costs money on a monthly or annual basis to keep the system running. I don't know. But I do know the VVC system instructions provided to each EV purchaser mentions "36 months" and beyond that is subject to charges. So it is not free forever.

I do wish I remembered the name of the aftermarket app that was very similar to what smart provided through the VVC system. I had a customer demonstrate it to me but unfortunately I do not remember the name of it and because of that will have trouble linking it.

Peter's best bet here is to contact a local MB dealer that handles smart, or dedicated smart dealer locally. I believe the system works in his market.

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts
Each smart EV has an telecommunications system that is connected with Verizon. My guess is that it costs money on a monthly or annual basis to keep the system running.

So it is not free forever.
And likely the ED "Beta test driver" data being collected by Daimler over 3 years is priceless...

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Requirements:
- You must have a valid login for the "Smart Vehicle Homepage" to use this app.

So I am stuck without VVC.
Local MB support cannot help at all.
Unfortunately it is not available for your market.

On a lighter note, it's not the end of the world. Maybe you can buy a home charger with extended functionality that will make up the difference? You can set charging times and use additional features with some of those chargers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts