Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been locked out of my 451 for some time. I thought it was a bad battery in my key fob. Change battery and also tried other keyfob. So assume its the sencer on my car. The nub is stuck in the driver side door so putting key in door is currently not an option.
So, how to i get in car without calling a lock smith? I assume sticking a hanger through the back window is the best option. Do i push forward the latch or pull it back? There is a latch on both sides of the back gate just below the glass -

Super Moderator
New battery in both fobs? Are they inserted correctly? I don't think you can open the tailgate unless the glass hatch is unlocked and lifted out of the way... 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, new batteries in both key fobs. When i last locked it, it took multible tries to get it locked. I'm not sure if the car battery is bad or a sensor is bad on car.
Yea, you can open the back from inside the car. Pull or push the lever by the rear glass and you will hear a click noise. You have to move 1 level and the other then back to the first lever. Did that make sense? I didn't know how to open back gate when i bought the car so i figured that trick.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have a '08 and you can open it with 1 hand. So, is it pull back if your at rear of car or looking from the driver seat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts