Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jwight, did the brakes today. Went smooth overall and the parts worked great. The entire process was easy, sent them an email, they asked for vin number to confirm the parts. They sent me an invoice through PayPal and I paid. Had the parts within 5 days. I ordered directly from them and not through Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rotor and Brake Pad Replacement

Hello. I received a RIDICULOUS quote from my dealer for the replacement of rotors and pads. I think I want to tackle the job myself with help from a friend. Do you know of a how-to video or article to which I can refer? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve done brakes before but did find a video on you tube to see if there were any tricky parts, special tools etc. but wasn’t. The pads and rotors I bought have working great. One thing that was frustrating was getting the clip back onto the caliper. Finally when I did the second side realized if I mounted the caliper first it was a lot easier to put the clip on.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For 2016 Smart Fortwo Front eLine Plain Brake Rotors + Ceramic Brake Pads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CB317XZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SoQ6CbPPMVW7J

I think I am going to try these, it shows it fits the passion. I think that is the problem, a lot of the sources don’t have the sub model selection and the brake design changes.

Looks like the same setup I purchased for my 2016 Smart except I did get the rotors with the grooved slots in them. So far working well. Maybe it’s in my head but I think the car stops better then it did with the stock brakes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts