Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I need to pull the engine on my 2014 passion. I have watched several Utube videos on this with one exception, No one has showed step by step after the 4 bolts are taken out, just what and how to disconnect the shifting linkage..or anything else that may bind when lowering it out. Emergency brake linkage...throttle ..any wires.. So my question is this..can someone walk me through just as far as I need to get it down to replace the blown head gasket?.,.Thanks

Hello.. I own a 2012 smart car pure and need some help on getting the gear shif cable disconnected from the engine. does anyone know how to unplug the part after the clamp on the engine just beside the air filter? I just can't seem to find it and don't know if I need to disconnect anything else. Also how far down can that engine come in order to get the clamps cut off for cooling and heater return. And is there a throttle cable that I need to look at as well.. This is my first attempt to pull the engine and fix a blown head gasket. pictures are more than welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts