Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The state of Colorado requires OBD test now for emissions. I got a waiver 2 years ago but my time is up now. This car does not talk to their system. I'm giving this car away and buying a Leaf.
With the car, I'll send the computer and the connector as well.
The car is in fine condition. No problems except for cracked front windshield and the windows don't roll down because the plastic piece inside each door broke. (Pain!)
The car has 23000 miles on it and as I said no mechanical or body problems except aforementioned.
LEROY from Kansas City - If you want this car, you get top priority as you have helped me in the past with Mercedes computer software and hardware and have advised my terrifically in the past.

Thanks,
Chiles

·
17,479 Posts
Thanks all! This is so exciting! :D I've been losing sleep out of excitement, not too unlike the days counting down to me getting my 453 last year.

And of course I'll write about my adventure. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks all! This is so exciting! :D I've been losing sleep out of excitement, not too unlike the days counting down to me getting my 453 last year.

And of course I'll write about my adventure. :)

Just promise all of us here you'll take more rest stops and not drive straight through like with the 453.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Isn't that built into the roof?? You got one heck of a deal! especially with the computer included!

But how are you going to drive all 3 to the next rally?? :shrug:

·
17,479 Posts
Ohmg I so need a smart tower! I made it home at 11:30am. I did the drive in two 7.5 hour legs with a 5 hour nap to bridge the gap. 20 hours overall and no hallucinations this time!

I have to say, I think the 450 drives better than the 451! The 6 gears and the complete lack of a creep mode are to die for! The icing on the cake is that the 450 definitely upshifts faster than my 451 and I like its engine note more too! Oh, and the shift pattern on the 450 is amazing.

Thanks again cfreidma!!! You've made my summer! <3

Plans for the car are basically to restore it to the condition in which G&K delivered it! I *might* add a personal touch of getting all the fabrics reupholstered to match those lovely panels.

Oh, and breaking my convention of guy names, this one will be named Chelsea :)

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Congratulations! As a former 450 owner I liked the quirkiness of the car, the 451 being almost normal by comparison. It does take a little more research for troubleshooting and a lot of the answers are in a foreign language (except for Leroy) or at least a foreign dialect. Be ready to order parts well in advance. Most are only available from overseas. Enjoy, and yes, pictures please.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts