Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever looked on the backside of the glove book door. there is a recessed pocket with a clip....what was that for?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
smart seats are a danger

when was the last time you sat in your set and tried to put your head against the headrest......in a hard rear end impact the head rest is useless as your head will travel 6 to 9 inches before it touches. enough to snap your neck or possibly paralyze you

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no owners manual

the car did not come with one so i had to purchase one from a printer. I noticed in the fuse book schematic there is no description for fuses 21 thru 31 and on the back of the fuse panel there are 4 fuses with no description either. does anyone know what these are for?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
power windows

thw windows work intermittently. sometimes they are auto and other times you have to manually control the stop/start, this may go for days at a time or may work normally the next time the car is started. any ideas?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
engine question

is there any weakness or problems with either engine like prone problems in top end or bottom end?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aaooogah horn

space is at a minimum but i was wondering if anyone installed one of these horns and if so where

·
Super Moderator
28,977 Posts
First, welcome (again) to SCoA! Second, if you have multiple questions, please consolidate them into a single thread if possible.

I've merged your 13 threads into this one....:wink:

PS - it would help to post the trim level and year of your car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a/c cooling fan

when in motion and running the a/c does the fan continue running say when driving on the highway or does it shut off like american cars fans do based on the vehicle speed sensor?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seat belt

my belts are lazy to retract and are left dangling only to get caught in the door jamb. anything i can do to make them fully retracr? i could understand if this was a higher mileage car and had alot of use but with only 29k....really

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
larger tires

i have always gone up one size in tires and it has always improved the ride. has anyone tried this.....the ride in these cars is just so harsh. i could run over a dime and tell you what coin it was.....well almost anyway

·
Registered
249 Posts
my belts are lazy to retract and are left dangling only to get caught in the door jamb. anything i can do to make them fully retracr? i could understand if this was a higher mileage car and had alot of use but with only 29k....really
I hate to say it, but I think they all do have the lazy retractors. My Smartie only has about 1000 miles, and the driver's side has to be coaxed into it's retractor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts