Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts
Re: Autoforums Introduction Thread

Today, January 14, 12:24 PM the AutoGuide.com Forum Network keyboard spoke.

Personally I would have preferred to see our kinder, gentler Mod Squad handle the events of the last few days rather than the new owners flexing their muscle.

SCOA was my favorite sandbox - sadly, a couple days ago the neighbor’s cat dropped something in the corner the odor of which may take some time to dissipate.

All of this recent Forum drama is not why one comes to SCOA.

Although I fully enjoy this forum, the wealth of information and our cast of characters I actually found myself on (#2) smartusainsider.com/forum yesterday, a place I have not gone for months.

Until some sanity has returned to the forum, I will join those who have chosen to take a short "vacation."

Tom, stepping away from my SCOA keyboard

·
17,360 Posts
I can't seem to step away from SCOA. I know it's the "rebel" thing to do when there's new authority around, but even a teen...me...could not go on a SCOA vacation...I did do it in the summer for obvious reasons (swimming, YouTube, friends, boating with buddy, summer stuff) but with the winter killing all the fun, SCOA's the place...

Well since I now have a ride I may be able to take a break...even more so if I had a smart...

·
17,360 Posts
I just can't be around any longer right now...my connection is too slow (even loads SCOA at turtle speed, by time this post will appear on my screen it'll be time to go to school. :()

So I'll be taking a very temporary vacation until I can sort out why the heck this connection is Forest slow...

Not even YouTube loads, and the CricKet modem did that (although it couldn't play ANY videos, nor can this one either).
Even SCOA loads slow, heck the CricKet Broadband card did better than that!

So expect another week of absence from me...or shorter, whenever it takes for me to get AT&T to give us what we're paying for (which is not dial-up speeds, but something in the mbs range, not kbs.)

·
17,360 Posts
Okay, I lied...Despite this horrible connection, the only way I see myself not coming to SCOA for a week is X-Box LIVE :) :) :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Due to some rapidly developed and serious health issues I am going on walkabout possibly for an extended period of time.

Thanks to all for the community, friends, knowledge, well wishes etc on this site and forum. With some luck and healing I'll rejoin you at some point in the future.

Godspeed!

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Due to some rapidly developed and serious health issues I am going on walkabout possibly for an extended period of time.

Thanks to all for the community, friends, knowledge, well wishes etc on this site and forum. With some luck and healing I'll rejoin you at some point in the future.

Godspeed!
Best wishes, get well promptly!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I would love to have met you at the Ft Desoto picnic but look forward to shaking hands down the road someday.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm still here, haven't posted anything lately, work has been keeping me busy. Still loving my smart, she was a year old end of December. I do check the forum almost daily to see what is new. So everyone keep posting, and I'll chime in if there is anything I can add.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Godspeed!

Best wishes, Ken.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts

Godspeed!
...we will wait for your prompt return to the smart family forum...
...I know that it goes without saying...BUT...if there's ANYTHING that we as your smart family can do just drop in and ask...we are here for each other..

jetfuel...praying that all is well my friend..

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Tomorrow morning I am leaving to head off to Switzerland to attend the 2010 Geneva Auto Show. I will return March 10-13. I may or may not be able to jump on the forum.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I'm still around. I got a massive sinus infection about 2.5 weeks ago and all I wanted to do was sleep. Strangest thing... I had no breathing problems or anything, but my face was puffy and tingling, and the pressure in my eyes was incredible.

I'm still getting over the eye stuffs - it's almost like trying to strain to see right for 2 weeks when I was sick has made them sore. It makes it hard enough to see at work without giving myself a headache - so I am not on the computer much at home either right now. Hopefully another week or so of drops and I will be better.

What a mess...

21 - 40 of 168 Posts