Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the negativity floating around about dealers in general being bad, corrupt, hard to work with I thought a positive thread would be in order.

I'm happy with the Atlanta dealer (smart center Buckhead)... while my delivery, on the first weekend they were open, was a little harried with all the excitement going on there everything since then has been great. James in the parts department has gotten everything I need and the dealer in general gives me the same treatment as the customers at the attached Mercedes dealership.

All in all we have a good smart center in Atlanta.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well...I just picked up my Smart Prue in Pittsburgh at the Bobby Rahal owner MB/Smart of Pittsburgh. I can't find a single bad thing to say. Plenty of good. The entire staff was great, acted as if I was there to pick up a $120,000 MB and not a Pure! Mr. Rahal has restored a OLD building that was a Packard dealership to a fantastic dealership. When I went to the delivery area my Smart was between a few high dollar MB's and looked right at home! So far...everything was perfect! Thanks All! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Virginia Beach Smart Center (Checkered Flag Motors), picked up my White Passion last saturday, great experience, great staff, highly recommend.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Smart Center Easton, Columbus, Ohio, easiest transaction ever, polite, enthisiastic, followup calls several times, great experience. (And they housed the PT for six days during a snowstorm 'til I could get back for it.)

·
Registered
142 Posts
smart Easton (Central Ohio)

Same as xcrew, would recommend and buy from again (smart Easton). Kevin has been great to work with, no games. Doug did a great delivery job and Megan was always helpful. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
smart center of Cherry Hill NJ

My experience with sc Cherry Hill has been terrific.
Minor problem: SNAFU with computer generated messages from Mercedes Benz. Since Saturday I have received at least two messages a day saying my car is due for its first scheduled maintenance (at three months). It's not. I have checked. "One year or 10,000 miles whichever comes first".
"Jack Savvas", Stop sending me e-mails! :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
smart center Seattle

I believe our local dealer, smart center Seattle, is setting the standard for every other center in the country. Just visit their thread here on SCOA and see if you don't agree.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Smart of SF provided an excellent delivery experience and I've gone back for accessories and an oli change. I also just got a check for $29.75 because their accounting department found an overcharge on the original sales invoice. Excellent in every way and highly recommended.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm a few months away from getting my car, but smart center Latham has been great to me. Case in point- yesterday we had a green car show in Burlington. So, I took my niece down to see it. Latham had a cab on display. Damir remembered who I was, when I emailed him only 2-3 times and met him once before in late January. We had a nice chat on what the next step is (i.e.: when the car leaves the plant/gets to Baltimore). I was very impressed. Plus, I got to meet Smartypants in person, and we talked about smart car ownership in Vermont. You meet the nicest people on the SCOA board! :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did anyone received any "gifts" when they picked up their cars? I noticed on my dealers check-list, it said complimentary gifts, or marketing gifts, but I didn't receive anything. I also didn't get a full tank of gas, which was listed on their form. It had about 1/3 full, they said they would fill it when I brought it in to fix the things that were wrong at pickup.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Did anyone received any "gifts" when they picked up their cars? I noticed on my dealers check-list, it said complimentary gifts, or marketing gifts, but I didn't receive anything. I also didn't get a full tank of gas, which was listed on their form. It had about 1/3 full, they said they would fill it when I brought it in to fix the things that were wrong at pickup.
Since the tank was empty I couldn't leave until my lil blue belle got some fuel. Not only did I get a full tank I also got a smart car keychain. Not to mention the beautiful attitude all the sales persons have at smart center Dallas. Allison, Amber and Whitney are all gracious and have always been willing to take time to speak with me. A special thanks to Allison who made it possible to bring home my lil blue belle.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i had an excellent top-to-bottom experience at the Smart Center in Smithown, NY. nothing but good things to say about the folks there, and how I was treated, etc. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Actually the smart Center of Merriam has made a customer relations disaster (smart USA) into a good and friendly experience. Had it not been for the manager and employees there I would have seriously considered telling smart USA to take a long walk on a short pier.

Most of my dealings were with Joe and Melinda, both were friendly and very helpful. Melinda, who took care of the paperwork knew exactly what was needed and had everything shipshape and ready to go for my delivery.

They are slowly getting a stock of accessories and are pricing them well. They have not been adding anything to orphans, but because loose their omission if they sell to someone outside their area they are selling all orphans to people in this area. Unlike some of the other dealers they had non smart accessories installed for me so that the car was complete at delivery and i didn't have to mess around taking it to various places to have the accessories installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fantastic in Round Rock / Austin

I had a wonderful experience in Round Rock / Austin. I went with an orphan. Unlike EVERY other dealership in Texas, Round Rock isn't adding on a bunch of garbage that no one wants in order to inflate the price. One of the dealers I spoke with several times told me flat out that they add at least $1800 worth of add ons to every orphan. It would be one thing if these were actually useful add ons, but pinstriping, tinting, etching, lo jack, etc seem like a waste to me at the prices they charge.

Round Rock was up front with me about everything. It was a great car buying experience. They also gave out a ton of little goodies. I got a bag full with jump drive, pens, keychains, stainless coffee mug, etc. All labeled Smart of course. I would highly recommend this dealership. I have found that many of the MB attached dealerships treat Smart like an unwanted step child and are very snobby about it all. I had one saleslady at a MB branch barking at me about all the things they couldn't do.

Round Rock is separate from any car dealership and they are located in a shopping center, more like the European dealerships. I couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the positive experience thread... the bad experience thread is over there ****->

Seriously though, I got a key chain and a full tank of gas AND MY CAR!!!!! :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a great dealer experience all around. Julie was really nice and very personable. It felt like she was a friend! And not a backstabbing one. I went the first day for a test drive, and didn't buy right away, I told her I would need a couple of days to think about it. She said that was fine, no pressure. I called a couple days later and purchased. I didn't have anyone to take me to the dealership, so I took the metro there, and Adam came to pick me up! Julie took me to my car and went over everything, showed me where everything was, even had me take off the hood myself and reattach it. She really made sure I knew how to do everything. After everything was complete and I was ready to take off, Adam wanted to make sure I knew everything, and even gave me even more tips! He also graciously invited me back anytime I wanted, and said they would put my plates on when I got them too.

Well, I got my plates, and went to the dealer and sure enough Adam himself put my plates on! The plates had a bit of a dent in them from shipping and he fixed them, and went out of his way to make the front plate look just as good as the back plate :D

Oh my dealer is Universal City Smart!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ditto. Smart Center of Buckhead (Atlanta) was very pleasant to deal with.

Absolutely no pressure whatsoever. Only pressure involved in the entire transaction(s) was from us, lol! "When's it here? Is it here yet?"

We were in and out in less than thirty minutes the first time, fifteen the second, since we already knew how everything worked.

Kudos to Miss Victoria for jumping in the car, and zooming down the cobbled driveway(aaaaaaiiiiieeeeeee!!!!!!) to show me how the paddles work.

We bought a cabrio and a Passion, no problems, except they forgot to put the holo sticker thing on the temp tag for the Passion. Fortunately, the daughter is a looker, so when she got stopped by a cop, she ended up showing him the car instead. Hopefully, it will be in the mail today.

They topped us off and gave us keychains for both cars.

It was SO low pressure, it was like checking out at Target or something. Thank heaven. I hate the whole car buying/game playing thing with a (ha!) passion! :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Smartcenter Germantown

I want to put a good word in for smartcenter Germantown, MD, the dealership closest to Washington, DC, that is run by Euro Motorcars. Because smarts are being sold at MSRP, with no premiums or discounts, and because buyers have predetermined exactly what options they want, the haggling that is the most unpleasant part of car buying is eliminated. This means most smart buying experiences should be smooth and easy.

But Euro Motorcars goes further, and is treating smart buyers like they are buying the Mercedes next door. (Which means they are trying to develop a continuing relationship and to ensure that some smart owners will buy a Mercedes as their second, back-up car.) Last weekend, it held a get-together at the dealership for smart owners. When my wife and I were there, a couple hours before the event ended, we were told at least half of their owners had attended. Not bad treatment, not bad at all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I too had a very good experiance at wild of sarasota,Josh was my salesman ,the car was ready when I came to pick it up,I bought an orphan,they didn't even charge my cc for a deposit

i

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Best Dealer

I can't say enough about the crew at smart Center Sugarland (Texas that is).
I have worked with them since last year. They assisted when my reservation fell through the crack, and have been there to help with all problems. Remember these guys are not getting the big commissions the MB salesmen are. Everyone at Sugarland has gone out of there way to be there for us.

I walked in on a TV interview Monday and ended up with about 30 seconds on TV.

So My Vote goes to Ralph, Bryan,Cassie and Eric.

d

1 - 20 of 34 Posts