Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Smart for two (2005)
Driving a Smart in Germany on the Autobahn is great!
People show more respect!
Got myself a ticket on I25! The cop banged on my window laughing and said, …my partner and I did not think this car could go this fast!!!!
Went 75 in a 65, so he said. I was in the middle of 3 other cars (lane) he pulled me out. Guess he just wanted to see the inside of my car!.
Now my Smart is down. I need to find a starter for it. Anyone knows where to find one?
Everyone enjoy there day and drive Smart

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
:welcome:to the forum aka: the asylum. Sounds like you fit in perfectly. Tell us more about you car, please.

I hope one of the others on the forum can help you with finding a starter.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Smart has a Mitsubishi engine. Someone here posted:

"The Mitsu engine designation is "3B21;" the M-B engine designation is "M132.901."

I'd bet the Mitsubishi starter costs 20% of what the MB starter costs for the same part....sorta like a Ford starter in a Lincoln Navigator....

Try to find a Mitsubishi starter for a 3B21 engine and see what you find:
A great place to start would be at your local Mitsubishi dealer who has the company's parts computer system. Of course, MBUSA might have all our parts hidden away but I bet someone at a big Mitsu dealer knows which cheap starter fits it.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,103 Posts
Smart has a Mitsubishi engine. Someone here posted:

"The Mitsu engine designation is "3B21;" the M-B engine designation is "M132.901."

I'd bet the Mitsubishi starter costs 20% of what the MB starter costs for the same part....sorta like a Ford starter in a Lincoln Navigator....
I didn't think 450's had the Mitsubishi engine...
They don't. The pre-2008 gray market models imported to the US, as is the case here, used a M-B designed engine and not the Mitsu 3B21.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts