Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.. I'm Brand New to this Community and I'm glad it exists cuz I have a few questions. I'm researching to purchase of a 2015 to 2018 Smart in either electric or gas to use as a grocery getter/around town kind of car. I'm would like to learn more about:

1. How do they perform as an electric vs gas?

2. Are they expensive to service?

3. If you own a 2015 to 2018 Model, what are your likes and dislikes?

4. If you had it to do over, is there any preference between the models... The Pure Vs the Passion or the Prime??

I've been a CarMax Guy for the past few cars because they sell that nice warranty for used cars but I'm open to suggestions.

That's it for now.... Thanks in advance for participating... John Kennedy Las Vegas, NV

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I bought my last 3 smarts from Carmax, looks like they are phasing them out though. They have never had or sold any smart electrics, and now they have a very limited supply of smart cars available only 19 nation wide.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Las Vegas.
As you probably know we have 3 CarMax here in town. If you want a EV smart your on your own. Carmax refused to buy or sell them, because of questionable battery assurance plans that some cars had and some didn't.
Fletcher Jones still does service for the time being, although very $$$$.
CarMax sells better grocery getters than a smart and you can get a warranty on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts