Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've a 2009 fortwo passion that I recently replaced the fuel pump on. On the same day I changed the pump I needed a jump as the battery was low to test the new pump; it worked! In the process of jumping I had the dude with the battery hookup while I filled in paperwork they brought, he said it was good and I went to turn the key. As I did Sparks flew out of the battery, I pulled the key out and checked to see that the dingaling had connected black on red and red on black. I know this had something to do with the radio not working because the radio was working before they came to give me a jump.

After the jump it won't do anything, no lights, and it looks like some of the black (ink?) In the radio display has leaked or is bleeding out under the clear panel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tested everything and checked the fuses, all but the radio are functional(fuse is good), about to take it out and see what's in store. Should I bother bringing it up to HR? Even disconnecting the ground from the battery did nothing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts