Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this deer hunting thing is not so tough, just need a smart and a foggy night. Nailed another deer on the way home AGAIN.. second one for this car. Got the pass side front fender and headlight assembly, Hood looks OK I think, and the front header doesn't look damaged so not as bad as last time. I swerved just before I hit (I know , not supposed to do that) and it was sort of a glancing blow. Nobody on the road and the deer is gone. I am sure he'll feel it in the morning.

P.S. looking for a fender and light assembly,, maybe in red this time?? :shrug:

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41096&stc=1&d=1545288028

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the second time I have nailed a deer. Last time the car bounced about afoot in the air (according to a policeman who witnessed it) Airbags didn't go off and took out the complete front end. Not so bad this time but those light assemblies aren't cheap!!

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crimeny!! is my car marked as a suicide vehicle for animals??

Last week I hit 2 raccoons (on different days) First one didn't do any damage thanks to the heavier springs, the second one took out the lower drivers side spoiler, and the fog light cover. I needed a passenger side one anyhow, I went to order replacement parts, which came to $77, and shipping was $186!! Found another site where parts were a touch more, but shipping was much cheaper! It helps to check around I guess.

And somebody tell those critters to stay off the roads after midnight!! a good reason to paint my front end I guess...

·
Registered
729 Posts
You’re lucky with the four legged vermin, I seem to have a thing for feathers.

2 smarts, 3-5 months and the tally is: 1 hawk, 3 pigeons, 2 sparrow sized birds, 1 dove. All survived but the hawk and 1 pigeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should get together and make some meals. The feathered ones have been avoiding me, Mu first smart did have a large bird (i think it was an owl) bounce off the windshield without any damage. Scared the crap out of me!! It probably thought my car was a mouse or something.... Yikes!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
We should get together and make some meals. The feathered ones have been avoiding me, Mu first smart did have a large bird (i think it was an owl) bounce off the windshield without any damage. Scared the crap out of me!! It probably thought my car was a mouse or something.... Yikes!!

I managed to get the hawk on dash cam. Was an interesting experience.

https://youtu.be/JgmkXJ_C_b8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts