Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
What do you need now? Are you in a jam and need a spare rim/tire to get you going tomorrow. Or at this point you got repaired and are just looking for a spare tire solution going forward. I can bring you a rim and tire to use to get you through if you are stuck just get it to a local tire fix shop, assuming no spare also means no jack of lug wrench. Because tires are not at all the issue, its when you are scrambling for a 3 lug rim that could get you strung out.

Also you guys with spare tires, what are you carrying for Jacks and lug wrenches?
I carry a front wheel all the time after a couple of flats caught me off-guard. I used the scissors jack off my 2004 Focus which was totaled. Also a 15-in socket with a 1/2 in. Harbor Freight rachet in the lift-gate cubby.

I only use 1.5 ton scissors jack, as those one legged type of jack that store inside a spare wheel are deadly and the one joint can give way if on a slope, and you end up with the car on the ground. Also due to the short wheel base, the car is quite unstable when lifting with a jack, so I brace two wheels with wheel chocks to prevent movement, and then use my scissors jack. (wheel chocks can be metal, wood or hard plastic type. Here is my metal chocks).

for a Smart car a 1.5 ton capacity scissors jack is fine....

Discussion starter · #28 ·
What are they listed as on amazon? I cant find them. Also the jack I got looks like the one in the red X pic. I am believing it will be fine as I am a pretty proficient mechanic. Guess I'll find out.

What are they listed as on amazon? I cant find them. Also the jack I got looks like the one in the red X pic. I am believing it will be fine as I am a pretty proficient mechanic. Guess I'll find out.
You should get scissors jack, and chocks (metal, wood or hard plastic) in any car parts store. I would not use that single leg jack as it buckles at the joint very easily if you are on a slight slope.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.