Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought the plate frame at the Mercedes dealership where I leased my Smart. Couldn't pass it up, it was a perfect match.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most of the other ones are taken, and you cannot use a "%" symbol on a PP

You can go here to check availability and order plates, it takes about 3 months for them to come in.

Welcome

·
Registered
491 Posts
Too bad for me, since I'm leasing the car I cannot personalize the car's license plate. Perhaps, I could ask the dealer if they can do it for me since they are the owner.

·
Registered
142 Posts
on my NEV I had the plate "EE LCTRK" because I'm an Electrical Eng. But with the ED I wanted to keep it simple. I've ordered it, but it won't be in for a while. It reads " EZ EV"

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm leasing my car, you can still put personalized plates on it.
If the lease reads both your name and the MBFS's name, it's OK. IF your name is nowhere on the reg then you cannot do it.

There are lots of leased vehicles on the road that have personalized plates. When the lease is over, you can take them off and transfer them to your next lease.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm leasing my car, you can still put personalized plates on it.
If the lease reads both your name and the MBFS's name, it's OK. IF your name is nowhere on the reg then you cannot do it.

There are lots of leased vehicles on the road that have personalized plates. When the lease is over, you can take them off and transfer them to your next lease.
MMM guess what, My name is on the registration, so I think I can just say NO on the question: Is this vehicle leased or own by a company? Should I just go personally to the DMV or just do it on their webpage? What should be more effective?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You do it on the web page then you pick them up at the DMV when they arrive.

And you are correct, say no to that question. It is not a company car.

Anyone else have personalized plates on their ED? Post them in this thread!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Mine is CDN ONE

The car is called a BRABUS Canada 1, so that is why. Lots of people think CDN is an abbreviation of "Canadian" but it is not, under international licensing treaties. It stands for "Canada Dominion".

·
Registered
491 Posts
You do it on the web page then you pick them up at the DMV when they arrive.

And you are correct, say no to that question. It is not a company car.

Anyone else have personalized plates on their ED? Post them in this thread!
Good to know this. I noticed also that only allows 7 characters on the webpage and the plates have a max of 8 characters. I can manage to insert a space in between the words but it looks like a half space and I hope that they don't put it together.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had TOY TSLA on my RAV4EV and got to keep the plates so I might put them on the Smart.

I might get a license plate holder that says.

It's not a TESLA

But it is ELECTRIC

1 - 20 of 63 Posts