Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum,

Of all the places for two used smarts to turn up, they turn up in the middle of Iowa at our local VW/ M-B dealership. Honestly I'm wondering if this was divine interference on my part. I've had it for 4 months and I still can't believe I got it!
I expect to be moving to Pennsylvania with it within the next year, so it'll get to make it's first of many cross country trips. Hopefully it forgives me :)

Anyone else out there gotten their Smart cars through unlikely or unpredictable sources?

(I'm rather amused that Iowa didn't show up on the tag choices... not that many of us here. I'm 1 of 5 in the entire county...)

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I've had mine for more than 3 years. It took a couple years for me to get over the, "I can't believe I got it!" feeling. :)

Unpredictable? Not mine. I plopped down $99 in May 2007 and waited 14 months for it to be available.

The smart does just fine on interstate trips! :burnout:

Welcome to SCoA!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I picked mine up at a dealer in Tucson, Az that mainly got his cars from auctions. The radio had been stollen from it and it was from Colorado. It was the first one I had seen for sale, a 2008 Passion Rally red w/silver Trident. She had pods and driving lights, leather heated seats, and only 21000 miles. Oh, and a clean carfax. He installed a Pioneer singel CD, AM/FM radio and only charged $12000.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Got you beat.... my 08 was. Bought off Ebay shortly after I put down the $99 deposit and decided not to wait the 14 months. It was 35 miles from my house. Closer. Than the Dealer. Paid full price but it only had 75 miles on it (including the drive to deliver it to me)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Since my dream car is a micro car that I could drive every day. The Smart Fortwo fulfilled that dream. :) I have had mine (named it Herb) for a little over three years (got it March 2008) and still enjoy driving my little car. :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Found mine on Craigslist, the day after Thanksgiving, 2009. It was 9 months old, the original owners found out they were having a baby right after they took delivery of the car. So 9 months later, a happy delivery for two families.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts