Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how much longer I have to wait but at least I received the notification to make my final selections by March 8th...I am trying to decide if I want power steering but have definitely decided to upgrade to the cabriolet in a bright red...:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think I've heard that it averages about 4 months from the time you configure until you get delivery of the car... correct me if I'm wrong!

Go for the power steering. It's not much more after all you're spending anyway!

·
Registered
542 Posts
~ Congrats!

When I configured, I was torn between PS'ing and no PS'ing . . I test drove smarts with and without, the difference wasn't THAT drastic . . I ended up buying an orphan without it and it isn't ever an issue . . The car doesn't have a lot of weight to move in the first place but it is a personal choice . .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
~ Congrats!

When I configured, I was torn between PS'ing and no PS'ing . . I test drove smarts with and without, the difference wasn't THAT drastic . . I ended up buying an orphan without it and it isn't ever an issue . . The car doesn't have a lot of weight to move in the first place but it is a personal choice . .
Dittoes on that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
JUST configured today. Hope the wait is short for us both. Changed my mind from white to red and from black leather to red. Went with the Passion with power steering and the upgraded stereo.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Reserved in early Apr08. Configured in Sept08 DDE now at 3-20-09 to 6-18-09. . . dealer figures mid-April for delivery.
So four months is sort of offbase. But a lot depends on where you are and what you're ordering. My dealer is setting on a bunch of Cabrio orphans and a couple of Coupes, too. But none match my order or are even close.

No big deal, I'm lovin' the red/black orphan I got in July08. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
JUST configured today. Hope the wait is short for us both. Changed my mind from white to red and from black leather to red. Went with the Passion with power steering and the upgraded stereo.
Soonergirl... with my white and your red, we can be the OU Smart team.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I configged this week, too. Whilte/black, Passion, comfort group.
I wanted a solid roof, but did not see a choice to change from the pano roof to solid.
Not a biggie, but oh well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Config mine 2 Feb 2009 etd Jan to Mar 2010
Doggone !!! I was thinking I was on the home stretch - maybe three more months.
On the plus side, every month, I make a psudo car payment to my savings account. So, if it should take that long, my down payment will be even bigger. So that's a good thing, I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts