Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...new instrument approach into Queensland, New Zealand ...double-curved one with nearby terrain used to be something countries would not even publish...let alone authorize...the key here is development of GPS technologies...
...you must have total faith in your instruments and yourself to properly fly this approach.

A Pilot?s View: Queenstown, New Zealand

Jetfuel...4 minutes long...cool song...well worth it...it's cold outside...

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...the only manufacturer I know that finished the dashboard that poorly (overlying panels and secured with screws) was Mitsubishi Aircraft on their Diamond 1A ....LoL..other than that...no clue...

Jetfuel...to the sky..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Awesome, Jet. Reminds me of many hours over Alaska in a Coast Guard C-130. Near the end where she descends into that undercast with mountains to the right and to the left I found myself literally stressed and mentally saying "PULL UP, PULL UP."

Thanks for the memories.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
28,250 Posts
Great stuff until it goes into the clouds - pretty scary after that. Not to mention a mid-field touchdown. :eek:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Great stuff until it goes into the clouds - pretty scary after that. Not to mention a mid-field touchdown. :eek:
That it was. I was slightly amused when the film appeared to stop at the end of the runway and the aircraft appeared to be still moving. I must wonder whether she ran out of runway before she ran out of speed. :confused:

Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jet,

That guy, apparently a student pilot, should get combat pay.

Looking through the videos from where yours came, I was amazed to find a flight I made, as a passenger, from Gothenburg to Helsinki in about 1981 or thereabouts, recruiting students for a flight school where I worked as an instructor.

Both Swedes and Finns were great students, most speaking English in varying, but adequate degrees of fluency, and at the age of U.S. high school graduates outstanding in the required mathematics, as compared to my experience with U.S. youths of that age. IMHO they, both male and female, were much better, and more dedicated, students than those of domestic students. We had a live-in program and they earned their private, instrument, commercial and ATP papers, including, of course, the requisite hours in the air. The program was very attractive to them, as even with room and board the training through ATP was almost half what it might have been in Europe, and the U.S. licenses were reciprocal when they went back home.

I well might have trained the pilot and/or copilot in this video. :D

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts