Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new member in the Houston smart club has a question. He HATES the female voice that came default on his new smart gps. Can it be changed, and if so, how?

·
Registered
436 Posts
A new member in the Houston smart club has a question. He HATES the female voice that came default on his new smart gps. Can it be changed, and if so, how?
Howdy, Dora.

Can't help with your question, as I have a Garmin installed in Munchkin. It gives me a choice of two different female voices, one of whom sounds like a Brit. I love that sexy voice. I find that after 55 years of marriage I respond much more quickly, intuitively and correctly to a female voice. :)

BTW, if things have not changed, the Navy uses a female voice for alerts on a nuclear sub, for the same reason I am comfortable with a female voice on my Garmin.

Haven't seen you since Denver. Someday I hope to get free for one of Jan's affairs down south a ways.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
The 2011 highline radio manual talks about "voice output" - not sure if this will change the actual voice being used but you get there by going to the Settings Menu and then choosing Voice Output. Worth a try. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy, Dora.

Can't help with your question, as I have a Garmin installed in Munchkin. It gives me a choice of two different female voices, one of whom sounds like a Brit. I love that sexy voice. I find that after 55 years of marriage I respond much more quickly, intuitively and correctly to a female voice. :)

BTW, if things have not changed, the Navy uses a female voice for alerts on a nuclear sub, for the same reason I am comfortable with a female voice on my Garmin.

Haven't seen you since Denver. Someday I hope to get free for one of Jan's affairs down south a ways.

Jim
Totally off topic of the OP, but Jim, we're planning the next event possibly in Brenham/Independence/Burton areas!! Much closer for you!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Totally off topic of the OP, but Jim, we're planning the next event possibly in Brenham/Independence/Burton areas!! Much closer for you!
Staying off topic, we do hope to make it, Dora. Only interference could come from doctors. :(

Responded on Smart USA Insider (I think).

Jim

·
17,343 Posts
It gives me a choice of two different female voices, one of whom sounds like a Brit. I love that sexy voice.
Staying further off topic: This is why I changed my phone's language to "British English". :D

Also, hi Dora! :wave:

·
Registered
536 Posts
while we are off topic, I installed the high line navigation but now my AUX input does not work... any ideas?

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
while we are off topic, I installed the high line navigation but now my AUX input does not work... any ideas?
Check the cable you use between your device and the glove box: I had to change it twice so far because I'm cheap.

Or it could be that the line between the back side of the glove box and the radio hasn't been connected. Sorry to be off-topic, shouldn't happen to a Mod.! >:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts