Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lusted after a City Flame Edition cabrio and one became available used with 1290 miles on it at Euro Motorcars Germantown near Washington DC. My salesman was Ramesh and I met another salesman Nico with both being totally concerned with making my experience great. I have bought cars many times more expensive and not been treated nearly as well as I was treated at Euro.
I was picked up at the airport, the transaction went smoothly, my car was prepped well, treated to lunch, and shown around the dealership. Ramesh introduced me to Nico who has a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the smart car and would literally give you the shirt off his back. He gave me a piece of artwork he made from an engine mount that was painted yellow and black to look like a smart car and was made into a card holder. Having previously owned a yellow/black smart he also gave me a speedo bezel, gauge pod bezels, and the little stalk end caps all painted yellow. We discussed several things about smart cars and I enjoyed the exchange very much.
Ramesh and Nico made my purchase a pleasure and that is saying much since I generally really dislike dealership sales experiences. It took a flight from St. Louis to DC and a 800 mile road trip back home to complete this deal and I would do it again.

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Great story! There are some really good dealerships out there; unfortunately, the other ones get all the press. Don't tell me you came through Dayton and didn't stop...:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I lusted after a City Flame Edition cabrio and one became available used with 1290 miles on it at Euro Motorcars Germantown near Washington DC.
DrKillerBee, please share the lust :bigthumbup: - we need a picture of your new City Flame cabrio!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Hey, Doc?

You really should have stopped by my (Tyson's) dealership on your way back south.

Would have been great to see you again.

Glad you had a great experience, even if you had to go to "the enemy" to get what you wanted. (Germantown and Tysons smart centers are always fighting for market share in the DC area)

I agree, Nico is a great guy and a wealth of info.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Doc?

You really should have stopped by my (Tyson's) dealership on your way back south.

Would have been great to see you again.

Glad you had a great experience, even if you had to go to "the enemy" to get what you wanted. (Germantown and Tysons smart centers are always fighting for market share in the DC area)

I agree, Nico is a great guy and a wealth of info.

Hi Wallace,
I had planned on coming by to see you and your dealership but the process took much longer than I anticipated and they fed me lunch so I was about 3 hours behind schedule and had missed most of the nights sleep as I had to be at the airport at 4am. for a 5:45am flight.
I drove straight home actually heading north to 70 and then to 64 stopping in Louisville to sleep a couple hours so I could see some clients the next day.
You know your stuff on smarts and I would love to have bought from you as the deal I saw you offer on the new 2013 was great. But I lusted after the City Flame Cabrio and there were only a couple to be had and this one was priced right being barely used.
Washington DC is very lucky having Euro and Tyson's in one city.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great story! There are some really good dealerships out there; unfortunately, the other ones get all the press. Don't tell me you came through Dayton and didn't stop...:eek:
Hi John,
Went up to 70 until it split to 64 going through Morgantown, Lexington, and Louisville. The City Flame did not come with cruise control and I have too much respect for the Ohio Troopers to drive through the Buckeye state without cruise as my foot has a lot of lead in it. I got off the crutches in time for the DC trip and am off the cane as of today...I really missed going on the April Fools Rally. It looked like everyone had a good time.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DrKillerBee, please share the lust :bigthumbup: - we need a picture of your new City Flame cabrio!
Understand that it is not a KillerBee yet. A picture of the car, Ramesh, and me. The second picture is Ramesh and Nico. The third pic is off the new Bee after another yellow car parked next to me while I was eating dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great story! I've bought 3 smarts from Euro in Germantown. My salesman is Sean Sarraf. Also have met Nico and I agree, he's a great guy. I drive close to 4 hours to deal with these guys.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
....... I got off the crutches in time for the DC trip and am off the cane as of today...I really missed going on the April Fools Rally. It looked like everyone had a good time.
What did you do? Did you have some of the lead removed from your foot?
I had not heard of your injuries. What happened to you? Do Tell!:eek:

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
16 year battle with Lyme like disease called STARI. (Southern Tick Associated Rash Illness) It somewhat randomly causes intense inflammatory reactions in joints and muscles causing horrible pain where it hits. In the last 4 months I have had my ankle, back and chest muscles, and my knee attacked causing crutches or a cane to be used almost continuously during that time. I missed St. Pats day for the first time ever and had to miss the April Fools Rally as well. You try not to let it get you down but some days it is too much pain to soldier on. I am walking well at this time and can be fine for months...you just never know. You can go to bed fine and wake up unable to walk or get out of bed.
There are a growing number of tick related diseases affecting a lot of people at this time and a lot of those people are going undiagnosed or misdiagnosed so when in the woods use tick protection...it is not a joke.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Sorry to hear that, DKB. I remember the Lyme disease, and have known of some lingering issues, but did not know it could be such an enormous pain in de-ice.
I commend your strength and spirit to endure.
Mama said there would be days like this, just not like bananas in bunches. :D
Hope you feel better soon and for a long time.
Rich

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
There are a growing number of tick related diseases affecting a lot of people at this time and a lot of those people are going undiagnosed or misdiagnosed so when in the woods use tick protection...it is not a joke.
Don't forget to say thanks to your local Vector Control agency who go out looking for these ticks to test and track the disease at their own peril. (shameless plug) Sorry to hear DKB, it's a nasty disease. Prayers for symptoms to say in remission. Enjoy your new smart!

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that, DKB. I remember the Lyme disease, and have known of some lingering issues, but did not know it could be such an enormous pain in de-ice
Rich
Rich,
One of the things I had to cancel was coming to Memphis for the Super Chevy Event held last week. I wanted to experience the Super Chevy Show with my SSR so I could fine tune it for the same show when it comes to St. Louis. I was going to pick up that hitch you wanted and surprise you with it when I came to Memphis. I was on crutches the week before the trip so I had to bale on the Chevy event, never picked up the hitch, nor made it to Memphis.
Mick

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Motorcycle and the trailer I made to pull behind the bike are the same Yellow as the City Flame.. I went to Knoxville to get my Matte Grey Cabrio and they had a City Flame Hard Top there....I drooled over it. Man, this would match my bike and I could pull the matching trailer with it also. But I wanted a Cabrio and passed up the City Flame. I still dream of a City Flame Cabrio... Can't wait to see yours at outSMARTing the Dragon.. I'll try not to get drool on it.....

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Understand that it is not a KillerBee yet. A picture of the car, Ramesh, and me. The second picture is Ramesh and Nico. The third pic is off the new Bee after another yellow car parked next to me while I was eating dinner.
So Mick,
Is the 'new" Killer Bee going to be white striped?
Any who, the new ride looks nice...:D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
So sorry you couldn't make the event here. We would have enjoyed having you here for a visit. My son's place is only a few blocks away on Mud Island from your favorite chicken place. Thanks for thinking of me.
Rich

Oh, and stretch, thanks for the shameless plug and doing what you do. It is not exactly without peril for you either. Being a Vector Control Agent Man sounds really cool when spoken with secret agent man theme song playing in the background of my mind.
:D

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Mick,
Is the 'new" Killer Bee going to be white striped?
Any who, the new ride looks nice...:D
Thanks. The new KillerBee will bee done in the same manner as the white one but the stripes will bee black with a thin red edge, the side stinger will bee black/red, the side valences will have red with a thin black top line, and the front and rear Carlsson valences will sport the Carlsson fogs that have been talked about on this forum and the valences will bee done in yellow, red, and black. The wheels will bee black with flame yellow outer rims. I will not have the chrome or polished pieces that were on the white Bee. The inside on the City Flame is already nice but the door trim can bee upgraded to bee more like the seats and dash. It will actually bee easier than doing the white Bee as the Tridion had to bee painted, some of the panels had to bee touched up, and there is a learning curve to taking the panels off and putting them back on.
Mick
ps Turning the word be into bee is rather irritating...I won't do that any more. But for me it was fun for a while.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Motorcycle and the trailer I made to pull behind the bike are the same Yellow as the City Flame.. I went to Knoxville to get my Matte Grey Cabrio and they had a City Flame Hard Top there....I drooled over it. Man, this would match my bike and I could pull the matching trailer with it also. But I wanted a Cabrio and passed up the City Flame. I still dream of a City Flame Cabrio... Can't wait to see yours at outSMARTing the Dragon.. I'll try not to get drool on it.....
There is a City Flame Cabrio at Buckhead in Atlanta but it is new. It can be had for $15K plus a few bucks.
Also the Flame Yellow (different than the 2008 yellow and the yellow that was on the 2013 Pures)that is on the 2014 models is the same base coat that the City Flame had but without the metallic pearl coat. You can order the panels only, swap the panels, and sell your Matte Grey panels.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Thanks. The new KillerBee will bee done in the same manner as the white one but the stripes will bee black with a thin red edge, the side stinger will bee black/red, the side valences will have red with a thin black top line, and the front and rear Carlsson valences will sport the Carlsson fogs that have been talked about on this forum and the valences will bee done in yellow, red, and black. The wheels will bee black with flame yellow outer rims. I will not have the chrome or polished pieces that were on the white Bee. The inside on the City Flame is already nice but the door trim can bee upgraded to bee more like the seats and dash. It will actually bee easier than doing the white Bee as the Tridion had to bee painted, some of the panels had to bee touched up, and there is a learning curve to taking the panels off and putting them back on.
Mick
ps Turning the word be into bee is rather irritating...I won't do that any more. But for me it was fun for a while.
To Bee or not to Be.....I can't help myself. Sounds cool. Can't wait to see that 'honey' of a car. I'll stop now..
Really it sound like it'll be one sweet ride when done. And the next question is will it be ready and you able (health more important) be with us at OTD this year?
Kevin

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really it sound like it'll be one sweet ride when done. And the next question is will it be ready and you able (health more important) be with us at OTD this year?
Kevin
I need to get the current Bee sold to pay for the paintwork on the new Bee. All of the stuff to add...Carlsson stuff, wheels, suspension, etc was purchased in the last six months when they were extreme bargains on ebay. I bought when the iron was hot in anticipation of one day finding a very low mileage City Flame Cabrio for a great price. I was surprised when this one came up at the price it was advertised. A little negotiation and we got the deal done but without having the old Bee sold. The new Bee should be done before the Midwest Rally which my wife and I will be attending.
We will be at OTD barring any catastrophic problems. Crutches etc. won't stop me and the meds that kept me from the April Fools Rally have only been necessary once in 3 years. I felt the group at OTD was a fun group and the pavilion centered event was perfect for getting to know everyone...so it is a must do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts