Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,094 Posts
I wish they would bring the Forfour here too. I think my wife would buy one in a heartbeat. She loves a car with 4 doors so she has easy access to things she carries in the back seat like her work things and groceries(thinks it's easier to access for her than the trunk because she's so short). She swears by Kia and I would love to take her away from that to the Smart brand. The ForTwo has gotten such a raw deal in the press over the years I get mad whenever I read a review on it. Reviewers seem to take a hard line against something they see as a flaw or an achilles heel and capitalize on it. The Fortwo or Forfour has little flaws just like any other small car, no car is perfect, but it seems as though they go into a review with a negative outlook. I believe bad press, lack of advertising and lack of dealerships is what is killing the Smart. We all know that. The Smart is the best kept secret on the road. And the 453 is MUCH improved over the 451's and they still don't seem to be catching on. Must be those CAFE credits I guess.

Smart Reviews | Top Gear
Smart ForTwo Review | Top Gear

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,825 Posts
I finally saw my first 453 in the wild today in traffic. It was blue with a white tridion and looked good, but I could really see that extra four inches in width. Kinda looked like a "regular car". :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts