Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, we are all excited here about the Smart Cars coming here to the US. We plan on having many Smart related events here at our dealership. Please feel free to drop by if you guys have any questions in regards to the Smarts.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
And West Covina is home to one of Roger's biggest dealership complexes!

Welcome! Got a clue how many smarts you're going to deliver next year, and how many reservations you have?

And give a shout out with your address so I can punch it into my GPS and visit next time I'm out that way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, we are all excited here about the Smart Cars coming here to the US. We plan on having many Smart related events here at our dealership. Please feel free to drop by if you guys have any questions in regards to the Smarts.
Is Penske Mercedes West Covina going to be Smart Center also? That's perfect, I bought my 2006 ML and 2004 SLK from there. Josh Joshi is my Sales Advisor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Cynce! Can't wait to wait to meet ya on Wednesday! :)
Guys, here is our address: 2010 E. Garvey Ave South. 91791 and our store number is (626) 430-3700.
If you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM or an email! Hope to hear from ya soon! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Cynce! Can't wait to wait to meet ya on Wednesday! :)
Guys, here is our address: 2010 E. Garvey Ave South. 91791 and our store number is (626) 430-3700.
If you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM or an email! Hope to hear from ya soon! :)
Hi smartgirlwc, when will your center get a demo car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys! We should be getting the Demo SMART cars within the next two weeks. If you guys are interested in test driving, please let me know! :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Guys! We should be getting the Demo SMART cars within the next two weeks. If you guys are interested in test driving, please let me know! :cool:
Just being a little sarcastic but why give test drives or get demos if there will not even be any dealer inventory available to buy? Seems that the consensus around here is there will be no dealer inventory (which I really doubt) and even if you tried now you will be on a year or more waiting list (dont believe). What do you think or any other dealers?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Yea, why should they drum up any interest at all. I mean, its not like they're selling cars or anything! All they are is holding up our getting our smarts because they have to have a small thing like cars available. Forget about selling cars to anyone else!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just being a little sarcastic but why give test drives or get demos if there will not even be any dealer inventory available to buy?
At this point, most reservation holders have either had a quick spin round the block at the local tour event, or not driven the car at all. I imagine a good number of them will want a decent length test drive before they commit to more than a refundable $99 reservation fee.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
My dealer won't even let you test drive until they call you and make an appointment. They said sure, come in a touch, but due to the demand that test drives are being scheduled.

And, naturally, they haven't called me. I went in and asked. The construction wall was still up over the new smart side of the MB dealership.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer won't even let you test drive until they call you and make an appointment. They said sure, come in a touch, but due to the demand that test drives are being scheduled.

And, naturally, they haven't called me. I went in and asked. The construction wall was still up over the new smart side of the MB dealership.
Wow now you have to have a reservation to do a test drive?? Smarts are way down on the auto food chain to be trying to pull the ranks of a Porsche or Ferrarri dealership. I guess all these $99 reservations are giving them big head, a big switch from an automaker that has been crying the low profit woes in the past.

Maybe some of the dealers/salespeople on here can chime in on this.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Wow now you have to have a reservation to do a test drive?? Smarts are way down on the auto food chain to be trying to pull the ranks of a Porsche or Ferrarri dealership. I guess all these $99 reservations are giving them big head, a big switch from an automaker that has been crying the low profit woes in the past.

Maybe some of the dealers/salespeople on here can chime in on this.
In the same building is the Maybach showroom. And they won't let me drive that one, either. DRAT!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure how the West Covina dealership is handling test drives, but at the smart center Portland, we will have one demo car devoted to appointment test drives and the other on a walk-in basis. That way if there are 10 people waiting at the dealership for a test drive and you don't have time to wait around for your turn, you can make an appointment for later in the week so you can walk in and drive right away. :) And we don't require a reservation in order to demo the vehicle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh and P.S.

I was at the smart center West Covina today to say HEY to my friend, Verone (the GM of the W.C. dealership). The dealership is coming along great! Here are a couple pics:

Verone and I:

Verone:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts