Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I own a 2013 smart fortwo pure with 14K miles that I purchased used in Sept. of last year. I love driving it everyday and look forward to taking it on some trips!:)

I do have a couple of questions to ask:

1. Taking the low miles (14K) and age (4 years) into consideration, should I have the coolant changed soon?
2. I have always noticed that the gear selector is a little bit (though not overly) stiff moving from P-R-N-D and back and especially when switching between auto and manual mode. Maybe its just me, but is this normal for a smart, or does it need lubrication, or something else?

Thank you all in advance for reading my post, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better. :)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I own a 2013 smart fortwo pure with 14K miles that I purchased used in Sept. of last year. I love driving it everyday and look forward to taking it on some trips!:)

I do have a couple of questions to ask:

1. Taking the low miles (14K) and age (4 years) into consideration, should I have the coolant changed soon?
2. I have always noticed that the gear selector is a little bit (though not overly) stiff moving from P-R-N-D and back and especially when switching between auto and manual mode. Maybe its just me, but is this normal for a smart, or does it need lubrication, or something else?

Thank you all in advance for reading my post, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better. :)
Welcome! I would change the coolant within the next couple years. It'll be due based on age alone. With regards to the transmission shifting, I wouldn't worry until it actually refuses to shift. Otherwise it's normal. Even though your car may present itself as an automatic transmission, what you actually have is an automated manual transmission. Basically, your transmission has a clutch. :nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts