Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am looking forward to my testdrive this weekend. I am hoping I like this car in person as much as I do in most of the pictures. If anyone is wondering about the name, 7 of my last 8 cars have been Mitsubishi or the "imported for" Mistubishi powered equivalent.So I guess, seeing as since this is a Mitsu 3-cylinder, that won't be changing with this next purchase.

Anyone here planning to be up in Tampa this weekend?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice pics, SmartBob!
Yes, Mitsu, send us more! Also, relate to us your impressions of our favorite small car! What do you think about its comfort, ergonomics, brakes, steering, looks, handling, etc?
We all love to hear other folk's opinions. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Mits,

I'll be there. I was at a borders a few days ago and happened to be walking out as a guy was pulling in with a fortwo. started talking and he told me about the meet-up/test drive. started checking them out, and hopefully if i like the drive ill be picking one of these up in '08

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
Im sure you will love it.
I like the SMART so much I put my Lancer Evolution8 on Craiglist just so I can get one.
BTW my other vehicle is a Mitubishi Montero so I love the Mitsu Family.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hello! We are in Tallahassee but took the "test-drive" a few weeks ago in Atlanta, Georgia. It was the make or break drive for my wife and she would like hers NOW! Please! lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well...

I went, I saw and I drove.:)

I wish I could have come away with a better, or even just a fuller impression. I'm not complaining mind you, but the wait was too long (1 hour plus) and the drive was too short. I think it was literally around two blocks. My Smart representative was chattering on too much for me to really concentrate on the car for that all too brief a drive. He did mention that this was a particularly short route-among a miriad of other things I could only partly follow. I still am pretty enthused about the car, but I can't say I have too much of a handle on how it drives.
I also thought the reps I spoke with were a bit surly and short, maybe they're tired from this country driving. I do want to mention one thing that I was told which I found interesting. I had figured they load the cars up in the big trailer (it the one you you walk through and see the video and cutaway car before making the test drive), but he(Smart rep) said they are actually driving these Smart cars down the highways from one testdrive locale to another. He said most people had assumed car cars are transported, but they aren't. He wanted management at Smart to remove the stickers of the cars that are on the trailers:eek:. I just though it would have been neat to have seen that caravan of Smart cars and that big trailer going down the highway.
I would have gotten back on line, but it was a tiring day. I'll try to post some pictures when I have more posts-I don't think I meet the minimum yet.
On a only barely related note, I tried Chipotte Grill for the first time afterward. I can definately say I wasn't impressed. They give you a huge burrito, but I felt the flavor was sorely lacking.:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
ill have to agree with you mitz. however i lucked out (if you can call it that) the smart rep i drove with was like "well it seems like you know more than i do about this little guy, so i might as well shut up and let you enjoy the drive.)

however the short drive around the block was hardly enough time to consider something a test drive. though i am pretty excited about the Smart.

camera pooped out on my once i got down there so, no pictures

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, we'll all get a good test drive soon, hopefully by the end of December if all goes well. I had very little wait in Phila. only about 10 minutes but the ride was still in the city around several blocks. I want to get that Smarty out and up to speed. I'm sure it'll do well considering Mr. Penske drove his 200 miles across Texas and loved it. Will wait for the pixtures, Mitz and thanks for the update.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts