Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wonderful car to have in beautiful Key West. Bought used 09 Passion.

Question - yesterday the Wrench sign showed on the info panel. Drove around the block with no apparent issues with the transmission. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Time for service.

Contact whoever you bought it from and ask when the last service was performed?

If it was recent, it is possible to reset the wrench yourself (How far is your smart center?)

use the "search" button for "wrench" in title for details.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
BTW, do you have a hard top or convertible?

Key West, you should have a conv?

And Please, refrain from mentioning what the temp is down there for the next few months?

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
.welcome to the asylum...
...if you need help get with Krusty....easy to find...just go to the Hurricane bar in Marathon Key...he's always there playing with his Legos toys...

Jetfuel...have a cold one for all of us ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome: to SCoA! There's at least one other smart in the Keys. :)
Thanks for all the help and welcoming me. There are several Smarts in KW, 10-12. The weather for the last few days have been Key West "awful"! Stiff winds with temps in the high 60s. I pulled out a sweatshirt the night before thanksgiving and have had it on for the past couple of days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time for service.

Contact whoever you bought it from and ask when the last service was performed?

If it was recent, it is possible to reset the wrench yourself (How far is your smart center?)

use the "search" button for "wrench" in title for details.
The last service was done about 8k miles ago. Smart Center is about 180 miles away. I'll take your advice and search.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Welcome to the "smart side" of motoring from a fellow cool… no make that cold Floridian.:D My wife and I just got back from two wonderful weeks on the keys with sunny weather and 80's. Saw quite a few smarts and Fiat 500s while there. Didn't have the smart however… he was comfortable in the garage while we took our Rialta motorhome and the bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts