Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am Jenn. I am 24 and have been the proud owner of a 2003 Saturn ION Series 3 as well as a 2000 SL1 and 2002 L200. My family has owned a Saturn for the last 15 years and I did too. I love my Saturn and will hate to see it go but, after reaching almost 99K miles on it with only having scheduled maintenance done on it I felt my luck may soon run out.

I decided on the Smart mainly for the fuel economy and the adorable unique look of them. I have been speaking to our local retailer for a couple days now. I am hoping to go on Monday to get my Smart cause that is my only day off and I work strange hours sometimes. Hopefully we can work out a great deal which will allow me to get one.

I will keep in touch! I love reading all the info about them and learning more. Please feel free to tell me your expierence as well as pro's and con's. I am also curious as what the Smart Solution to having a spare tire is. I know its a kit but, I would like to learn more. Tomorrow I am going for a test drive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I hope all goes well for you! I have owned Saturns, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, and Subaru's, but the most "fun to drive" is my Smart. I love getting 40mpg around town and 45-50mpg on the highway!......plus the look on people's faces when they see my Smart is priceless! :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
almost 3 weeks here. *waving*

love it! people stare, people point and laugh.
I was at a traffic signal when a teenager in a silver mustang pulled up.
he was laughing and staring. i couldn't help it.
i rolled down my window, and i asked him are you laughing at me??
i had a smile on my face. he was still laughing and said it's so small!
i said yep, did you know I can change the color? he said really? yep, i can buy new panels, i can be lime green one day!
i said i get 42 MPG, how about you what you gettin? he said ugh about half that. in a low voice hangin his head attitude, the light changed to green and i left him in my dust.
people ask about it, when i get gas, or load groceries.
I had to buy the dog food, bad elbow is acting up, i bought a 50 pound bag for my babies, asked for a carry out.
the guy spent several minutes checking out the car. he kept saying i have to get back in. I said blame me. tell them I couldn't find my key. i'll cover for you. lol he sat in it, messed with the roof. he loved it! never seen one before.
I had some negetivity at first, and it's mostly because people don't know. otherwise, it's awesome !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts