Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an electrical engineer with a penchant for things electrical. When Daimler announced in 2008 that it would make an Electric ForTwo, I started a blog. I've been writing about it since and now am the happy owner of a 3rd Gen Smart ForTwo ED. :wave: :smartje.wt.zw:

·
Registered
791 Posts
WJ, I'm on my 3rd smart, really enjoy them, will probably keep my '13 until my youngest grandson turns 16. I recently placed an order for a '14 Tesla Model S, P85. As an electrical guy, I'm sure you know the car well, and I hope you've already had your test drive. I'm an old geezer and have had every kind of car you can imagine from my first '39 Ford to current MB's. My smart is still the "funnest" daily driver.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the smart for its diminutive size, but the fact that it's electric is a thrill and and a half :smartje.wt.zw: . I wanted to purchase a used Smart ForTwo 2009 Cabrio that had only 30k miles on it (for $8k), but my wife doesn't like how it drives. I wanted something that she could drive too if my truck or her car broke down.

I have a Chinese knock-off (Kandi Coco) :smartje.rd.zw: sitting on my back porch with dead PbA batteries in it, because I overcharged them and melted the power cable. The vehicle didn't have a BMS and I forgot to unplug it.

You might say that I'm a Smart Fanboy, but never had the cash to own one... When Scion came out in 2003, I bought #002 of the XB line, but only stuck with it for 5 years.

Small cars are fun, but Smart is the "funnest". :bigthumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts