Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tpms light is on again. I had one of four new ones stop transmitting. I replaced it with another new one and the light wouldn't go out. On the advice of another member I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours. I got traction control, brake , check engine and tpms lights on. Throttle would surge and cut to idle twice. When I shut the car off I couldn't get it into park but it started in neutral and shifted normally. Now it starts and runs normally and I have a tpms and check engine light on with no codes. My ultra gauge shows a negative fuel quantity and miles to empty. Do I need to call the shat or can someone help?

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Run your car by any auto parts store.
They will run codes on your car free.

Did you reset you tire pressure sensors. Simple push of a button on the dash. After you fill the tire to the right pressures. #8…
Product Font Gadget Motor vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Run your car by any auto parts store.
They will run codes on your car free.

Did you reset you tire pressure sensors. Simple push of a button on the dash. After you fill the tire to the right pressures. #8…
View attachment 71949

Yes, I've pressed the reset in every conceivable combination and checked the sensors with a TPMS tool and changed the TPMS receiver. I currently am showing no codes stored and I am in the market for a scan tool.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up replacing all the wheel sensors again and it's working now. I pulled the sam out and opened it up to check solder connections and to see if any of the plugs were suspect. They all looked fine. After I re-installed everything it sorted itself out. So I don't know what was up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts