Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our Smarts Wed and we discovered this bad boy....

There are really no words for this: Def a "one of a kind" Proxy
I'm Just as shocked as you............

To our customer however, Its a masterpiece.

What do you think? and let's address the customer as "George" just for fun.

ie:
"George.... What have you Done?"

Smart_Hawaii

SIDE NOTE: the JBL sound system is OVERKILL for the smart Car but the base sounds AMAZING!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Robbie Lee, believe it or not, the San Diego smart Center got an identical Proxy. I'm afraid my level of self-confidence still wouldn't be adequate to drive a car with that color combo. Heck, I was afraid of breaking my camera if I took a pic of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep...... I gagged a little. But then I kinda felt bad for Nemo (my 453) After buying my vehicle I am sure I made the right choice. Our senior Manager said this was a special order. no WAY they would let this out of Smartville in France.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
I'm pretty sure I would not agree with you that the JBL system is overkill. You know, you don't have to crank the volume 'til it hurts your ears. I bet it sounds very good at reasonable levels. I love my aftermarket JBLs.

In any sound system, if you're pushing near its limits you are absolutely going to introduce distortion. It's good to have that overhead.
Distortion hurts my ears. And JBL's well deserved claim to fame is accurate reproduction with very low distortion. My sub is a Focal, my door speakers and tweets are JBL. As my car ages, the sound system nears the car's KBB estimated value. And it remains my favorite upgrade.

It's great that the 453 offers JBL from the factory, quite possibly eliminating the need to upgrade. You won't catch me saying nice things about the 453 very often. It just seems odd that you'd say that about one of the good features I'll acknowledge. Hehe, I have no question you'd consider my sound system to be "overkill".

One drawback: If you play MP3s, you will notice the difference between 256 and 320 kbit/s, and 192 is borderline tolerable. You will want 320.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's why it's on my "must have" list for my Passion.

I heard the JBL at the local Smart dealer and was impressed.
I didn't crank it to ridiculous levels, just thought it fit the bill well and filled the cabin very nicely.

Not an "expensive" option, either.
Much less expensive than outfitting later.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good point All. The JBL sounds amazing don't get me wrong :). The removable Subwoofer is ingenious. The option to add it is $450. and didn't fit into my budget :(
The real question......... Would you get that color scheme though? hahaha

·
Registered
767 Posts
What I wouldn't give for that blue and white interior in our 451... But coupled with the orange exterior. Whoa, and not in a good way. I like both of them separately, a lot, but not at all together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts