Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to do a meet July 18th. Talked to Gary at scVa.B about gathering there and then caravan to a restaurant, maybe Silver Diner near Town Center on Va.Beach Blvd. My idea is to meet at 6, smooze and go to dinner by 7. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Momma "ugly" Goose

It would be funny to see. LOL

I live in Harbour View (The Riverfront) in NE Suffolk. So it would have to be a Friday Afternoon or Saturday for me to make it.

I am sure the towncar at nearly 18+ feet long would look odd next to a smart. Not to mention my TC has over 211000 miles on it so it is showing it's age... LOL

Why not! It would be fun!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will start at 6pm on July 18th,a Friday evening, at the Virginia Beach smart center on Virginia Beach Blvd. We'll caravan the couple of miles to the Silver Diner just past Town Center on Virginia Beach Blvd. Talked to Gary and he said it would be fine. We can line up behind and on the side of the bldg.(assuming we have that many show up).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Perhaps a date change??

I know Fridays are going to be really brutal for many of us to get into VA Beach, let along a trek from scVAB to the Silver Diner.

A Saturday would be easier for most people to attend and much easier to navigate.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perhaps a date change??

I know Fridays are going to be really brutal for many of us to get into VA Beach, let along a trek from scVAB to the Silver Diner.

A Saturday would be easier for most people to attend and much easier to navigate.

Just a thought...

I've already printed up the fliers and left them at the dealership in Virginia Beach. There are some owners who stop by the dealership from time to time and are not on this site. I wanted to try and contact them also. From the dealership to the Silver Diner is about 5 minutes, so it shouldn't be a problem. As to weekend traffic, I doubt we'll get anyone from NoVa, or beyond, they're planning their own meet this month. But I will keep that in mind for the next one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Donna, Jerry here in portsmouth, I am a 7-11 franchisee, of two locations and my smart is a big hit parked at the store when most people are getting gas...

I could not understand the time or place of this get together so I guess its on wed. the 18th

are we to meet at the dealer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great idea Astuto:cool:, I was wondering who would lead the way with the Hamtpon Roads Smarties getting together.

I should make it unless my schedule changes, as it does a lot.

Hopefully I will see you all there on the 18th:D

UK Roadster

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donna, Jerry here in portsmouth, I am a 7-11 franchisee, of two locations and my smart is a big hit parked at the store when most people are getting gas...

I could not understand the time or place of this get together so I guess its on wed. the 18th

are we to meet at the dealer

JULY 18th, a Friday evening. At the dealership at 6pm, go to dinner by 7 at Silver Diner.

Where are your 7-11's? Am in Portsmouth frequently.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far, we have 4 smarties and 1 towncar from this site. Razorback, UKroadster, gmasters, myself and Brad. Anyone else coming? I'll need a fairly accurate count by July 17 to let Silver Diner know. I went by the smart center VaB today. Many of the fliers I left are gone( there were about 50!) I left some more. If anyone else is reading this thread and planning on coming, please post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We would love to know about future meet-ups. We'll be in the Outer Banks for this one:( My husband and I love our little car and can't wait for the next event so we can swap stories!
Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts