Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
anyone up for a meet an greet in February? Either sat 21 or sunday 22?
Since we have been to hampton, portsmouth and va.beach, how about Norfolk this time?

Erin :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Next time in Suffolk during the week???

Now that I have my smart I want to come to one of these meets, but it is very hard for me to get off on the weekends and even most weekdays I have to use vacation time (which is fine). I will stay tuned and the next time you have a meet on a weekday I will most likely be there!
Maybe a meet in Harbour View (north eastern Suffolk) near the Harbour View Grand? It is very easy to get to..... There are several places to eat and gather there too.
Just an idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Now that I have my smart I want to come to one of these meets, but it is very hard for me to get off on the weekends and even most weekdays I have to use vacation time (which is fine). I will stay tuned and the next time you have a meet on a weekday I will most likely be there!
Maybe a meet in Harbour View (north eastern Suffolk) near the Harbour View Grand? It is very easy to get to..... There are several places to eat and gather there too.
Just an idea.
Why don't you plan one for the end of March in Suffolk? Anyone can start a thread and plan a meet.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hampton Roads - March 2009 Meet

MARCH MEET IN SUFFOLK

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first meet!!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone for the first time.

I was thinking about meeting at the Harbour View Grand in NE Suffolk.
MAP LINK

Here is a list of all the near by restaurants in the cineplex area, scroll down a bit to view those at 0.0 miles:
Harbour View Grand Restaurants Link

I can say the places I have eaten have really good food, my favorite would be Koo.

I was thinking the end of March would be great, during the week - in the evening on a Wed, Thurs, or Friday? (Friday March 27th would probably be best.) Maybe 7pm ?

Lets start sharing thoughts now so we can put together a poll and final list. What date do you prefer and what restaurant???

I think we will have been to all the Hampton Road's cities once we meet here!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Brad
:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why don't you plan one for the end of March in Suffolk? Anyone can start a thread and plan a meet.
Thanks ASTUTO - done.

Any suggestions you can make from organizing this in the past would be helpful. Especially a guess on how many people tend to show up... etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
same here.... I like Casablanca <- I think thats the name.... I didnt see it listed. Its cheap mexican food, YUM! LOL

Never eaten at Koo.... I'm up fo it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
RE: dining

there are alot of good eats in Ghent, but the parking is terrible. The Janaf area may be the best bet - lots of parking and lots of food choices.

Italian, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Americana, fast food, etc.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
RE: MARCH MEET IN SUFFOLK

same here.... I like Casablanca <- I think thats the name.... I didnt see it listed. Its cheap mexican food, YUM! LOL

Never eaten at Koo.... I'm up fo it.
Yummm - Cassablanca's is really good and you are right - it is in the same place. I think they also have the space to accommodate all of us.

I hope more people start pitching into the discussion. So far we only have about 3 that have taken any interest (including me). It's still early I guess.

·
Registered
545 Posts
RE: FEBRUARY MEET IN NORFOLK

RE: dining

there are alot of good eats in Ghent, but the parking is terrible. The Janaf area may be the best bet - lots of parking and lots of food choices.

Italian, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Americana, fast food, etc.....
What about Dumars?

Just an idea. I can't even attend because I have to work, but I wanted to toss it out there.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Treads Merged (oh no....)

Hey Moderators -
Somehow these two separate threads were merged. They were separate for a reason. One is about a Hampton Roads Meet in February in Norfolk, VA and the other is a Hampton Roads Meet in March in Suffolk, VA
I have tried to tag my posts to help you, hopefully separate the two threads before this gets really confusing...

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Hey Moderators -
Somehow these two separate threads were merged. They were separate for a reason. One is about a Hampton Roads Meet in February in Norfolk, VA and the other is a Hampton Roads Meet in March in Suffolk, VA
I have tried to tag my posts to help you, hopefully separate the two threads before this gets really confusing...
Sorry about the well intentioned but confusing merge; the Administrator (SMART) has been asked to retrieve and re-instate the original two separate threads (that is if the Merger cannot undo). Your patience is appreciated. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,786 Posts
The road to hell, etc. Sorry for the mystery merge; I've pulled out the posts for the March meet in Suffolk and made another thread (what a concept!) If I missed any posts for the March meet in Suffolk just let me know. :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hampton Roads Feb. meet redux

Ok... so now I am a bit confused - the Feb thread is closed - does that mean nobody was interested in a Feb meet?

I liked the Doumars suggestion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts