Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
non-pneumatic . . .how's the ride? Id imagine pretty rough. The new material would need to provide a lot of cushioning effect.

·
He's not mine
9,605 Posts
I keep hoping someone will bring this concept to production. But, I sincerely hope they don't stick with the Applesque iFlex name, ewwww.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Apple iFlex?

I keep hoping someone will bring this concept to production. But, I sincerely hope they don't stick with the Applesque iFlex name, ewwww.
It sounds like something Apple would make. :D

With those colors, one could get one to match the color of the car?
:nerd:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I wonder how they look when dirty or old/worn. Maybe there's a reason why tires are black, and nobody buys whitewalls anymore? But just add a rope, and they'd make a nice swing.

·
Banned
845 Posts
i've had airless inner tubes on my bike for a decade (No-Mor-Flats), it's a 30 year old 12 speed touring bike (26x1-3/8), also have a pair of 16x1.75 tubes that are not on anything, want to put on my Strida folding bike, that has 16x1.5 Kendas. we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hankook’s airless car tires should hit the market very, very soon

Inhabitat.
I like how this looks.

I think this is an improvement over the original post.

:nerd:

·
He's not mine
9,605 Posts
Sorry to say, but the 2nd article (from inhabitat) is only 4 days newer than the July 15th article (from Gizmag). In any case, someone advise them to change the product's name, please!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts