Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Nice find - not sure how the writer really feels about the smart but at least he admitted the trip wasn't a total disaster (and showed once again how good the smart is on road trips.) :)

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
When you are saving up for a European trip saving some $ on fuel makes sense but I didn't read anything about that. Small cars are norm in Europe.

My wife and I like taking trips in the smart as we are used to travelling in cars like the Miata and a truck like the SSR. Neither of those are as comfortable to drive as the smart. The Miata is fun and has a small trunk and the SSR is cool and has a covered truck bed for a trunk. Both are convertibles as is our smart but the smart can allow you to put the top up without stopping.

The smart is more comfortable as the cabin is actually spacious and the storage area is accessible while driving (for the cooler, jackets, books, etc.) The car fits everywhere, is easy to get in and out of, and is easy to find on a parking lot. Almost everyone smiles when they see it but a few Bubbas don't get it and therefore don't like it. Being a convertible makes it a great car to view our national parks and their treasures and the curvy mountain roads are a blast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts