Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My "Ronin" just turned 9 today, he was manufactured on 12/7/07, we've had a few "growing pains" the first few years (transmission/shifter), but baby got a new pair of "shoes" last Saturday, size 185/60R15, we have gone 72,650 miles together as of today. We've been to half a dozen smart rallies and a bunch of smaller meets in Illinois and Wisconsin. We've met a lot of you over the last few years, good times! And we hope to have many more. Lately, I'm a little slower than my baby, I'm taking a few months off to recuperate and should be "good to go" by the spring. Dave Schembri told me at a Dells meet in '09 I should be "Mr Good Example", maybe I'll take his advice. 3 weeks in intensive care can do that to a person.

I'll try to make the meet in Iowa this summer, and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wishing you a steady recuperation, the happiest of holidays, and best birthday wishes to your little buddy, Ronin!
Ronin says "beep, beep"! Not everyone gets a "second chance", you can only burn a candle at both ends so long... I've been given a new "wick" and a little more wax. Getting filleted like a fish and then stitched back together can do a number on you. To tomorrow, Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Wishing you the best on your recovery!!!! I think I'd just ask to let me go, unless my son objects. Probably the only reason I'd choose to go through what you've been through. I had chest pain the other night, and couldn't sleep well......

I never got the exact birthday of my smart, just the month is noted on the door sill area, for lack of a better term. But that's close enough. Good to read you've got new tires! Should help make for safer driving this winter season.

Merry Christmas, and happy new year, to you, and everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts